My first LV wallet marks the end of LV for me

Rolexian

LV & Rolex LerVer
Sep 22, 2006
I got my first LV wallet 2 months back,the zippy coin purse,great wallet and great design...until a few days back I realised that it started to tarnish. Brought it down to LV twice already,no exchange,no nothing was done,they just told me it was normal and I had to polish it with autosol.

And I am totally pissed off with their service...it totally sux!! and BIG TIME! I seemed to be invisible to them? Nobody was there to service me when I wanted something:shrugs: I often hear you guys talking about how great your SA was and how thoughtful there were. But the last 5 times I stepped into LV....it was never the case for me. I really loved this brand,they have really nice bags and belts which I wanted to buy. Until today...I think no more LV for me anymore:cursing:

Seriously, sometimes you need to experiment with stores if possible. I know a lot of people don't like the service at another store so they go to another and are happy there.
It just depends, you have to "kick a few tires" in order to find out what works for you, who you get along with, etc. There are SA's and certain stores I like and others who I don't and try to avoid if at all possible.
Don't let this experience be your last so quickly. Some people even have great phone relationships with SAs who are in stores that aren't really that close to their own location.
So if possible, try another location. You'll find someone you can work well with eventually. I think we've all had that same experience you've had at one time or another, don't give up yet!

Yep I agree with Lvbabydoll.

I tend to be pretty ignored by all the SAs but I just managed to find a gem! He helped me source a Mirage Speedy when its totally sold out everywhere, and held the Pomme Cles and Heart Purse for Vday for me. Then he even calls and smses me so I would be updated etc.

You will meet a lot of bad people before you finally find the perfect SA.

Good luck! :flowers:

so sorry abt yr bad experience...:heart: maybe u can post pics for us to see the tarnish...:tup:

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Posted it on my other thread...on my zippy problem...:crybaby:

Brass will tarnish if it is not finished correctly. Someone else had the same problem, must have been a bad batch...I would speak to the store manager about the problem "politely"..and tell them how you feel. As a former manager from a major department store, how a customer approached me sometimes determined the outcome

Hmm...the tarnish does seem a bit unusual for a wallet of 2 months old. Do bring it in to another LV store. There are certainly a lot of great SAs around in LV, but also prob a few rotten apples in the basket. Like Lvbabydoll says, you gotta shop around a few stores till you find the right one for you.

I'm really sorry that you're unhappy with your wallet and sales experience at LV. I would suggest speaking to the store manager about your concerns that for the price of the wallet you should not have to be servicing it at this time, and perhaps an exchange or a store credit would be an option if they cannot replace or repair the zipper.

I know that many people in this forum have had bad SA experiences and had searched until they've found an SA that they liked. I never purchased LV in the past because I felt completely ignored every time I walked into the boutique. Until I was enthralled by an LV purse and my DH made me go in and ask. That SA was very nice and helped me get a practically sold out LE. Now even though the whole store knows me, I still only use her.

But if you feel like you've exhausted your options at your original boutique, try another.