Chain d'ancre necklace

Hello and a belated Happy New Year to you all!

It's my wife's birthday in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about getting her the silver Chain d'ancre necklace. I notice it comes in different sizes - I was thinking of either the PM or the GM size. Does anyone have any pictures of either of these? I don't know what size would be best for her :s My concerns are whether the links on the GM size are going to be very large but the PM links too small. She is a petite lady.

Also, what colour leathers does the Kelly looping bracelet come in and does anyone have a photo of what it looks like on the wrist?

Thanks for your help and suggestions as always :flowers:

I think I have the GM - quite chunky links. I love this size (I'd even go bigger if I could!). I am 5'11, though, which may be a factor (I tend to like chunkier jewellery generally).

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 739
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 742
I have the larger one, but not sure of the size, I think it is the GM size. I tried on the smaller linked one and it just wasn't me. I like chunkier sized stuff - like the large bangles as I am fairly sturdy and don't suit delicate things. It made such a difference, the size of link. When I tried on the smaller one, I didn't realise they come in different sizes and I couldn't understand why I didn't like it on me after trying it on in another store and really admiring it. I think there may be upto 4 sizes in this necklace. Have a look at your wife's jewelley - does she favour smaller delicate chains or does she have solid larger pieces in her collection. That might help you decide which size is best.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• necklacedec07.jpg
    necklacedec07.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,806
  • necklacedec07_2.jpg
    necklacedec07_2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,530
  • raisin+necklace.jpg
    raisin+necklace.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,520
Reactions: OneMoreDay
I also have the larger link necklace, and think it looks better with the larger links, even though I generally prefer delicate chains, given the distinctive design of the Chaine D'Ancre, I prefer the larger links

I've got the 'Farandole' necklace, which is 120cm long.
It's so versatile; you can wrap it around your neck twice, leave it long, have two rounds the same lenght or one shorter/one longer round....In short; it's fun to play with!
It has got smaller and bigger chains. Worth considering.

The Kelly bracelet works best on normal/small wrists as it is not enormous in size.
I don't know which leather mine is though. I have seen them in many different leathers and colors, one is rather spoiled for choice.

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be so thrilled...

Attachments

• DSC04756.jpg
    DSC04756.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 576
  • DSC05878.jpg
    DSC05878.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,220
  • DSC06218 20-08-10.jpg
    DSC06218 20-08-10.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 594
^^ I have admired the Farandole as well! I definitely love the length and the mix of larger and smaller links, and the versatility. I think this adds of lot of interest.

I love Hermes bracelets. I nearly ordered the chaine d'ancre Saturday with some other things my SA is sending, but decided against it for now.....and now, with these beautiful pictures of the two necklaces, it's all over for me! I can't wait to own the farandole and chaine d'ancre necklace and bracelets - they are both so lovely on you, AAN, piaffe, and MaiTai!

I have the enamels and the Kelly double tour bracelets. I agree with MaiTai, they are for a smaller wrist. It's about 6 1/4 inches measured from the inside of the bracelet.

Way to go - you're a sweet DH to think of this for her, Husband Orange - she'll be THRILLED.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• double tour 2.jpg
    double tour 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,508
  • double tour 8.jpg
    double tour 8.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,429
  • double tour 10.jpg
    double tour 10.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,437
I love Hermes bracelets. I nearly ordered the chaine d'ancre Saturday with some other things my SA is sending, but decided against it for now.....and now, with these beautiful pictures of the two necklaces, it's all over for me! I can't wait to own the farandole and chaine d'ancre necklace and bracelets - they are both so lovely on you, AAN, piaffe, and MaiTai!

I have the enamels and the Kelly double tour bracelets. I agree with MaiTai, they are for a smaller wrist. It's about 6 1/4 inches measured from the inside of the bracelet.

Way to go - you're a sweet DH to think of this for her, Husband Orange - she'll be THRILLED.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Love your collection.

I have the larger one, but not sure of the size, I think it is the GM size. I tried on the smaller linked one and it just wasn't me. I like chunkier sized stuff - like the large bangles as I am fairly sturdy and don't suit delicate things. It made such a difference, the size of link. When I tried on the smaller one, I didn't realise they come in different sizes and I couldn't understand why I didn't like it on me after trying it on in another store and really admiring it. I think there may be upto 4 sizes in this necklace. Have a look at your wife's jewelley - does she favour smaller delicate chains or does she have solid larger pieces in her collection. That might help you decide which size is best.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lovely smile.

I've got the 'Farandole' necklace, which is 120cm long.
It's so versatile; you can wrap it around your neck twice, leave it long, have two rounds the same lenght or one shorter/one longer round....In short; it's fun to play with!
It has got smaller and bigger chains. Worth considering.

The Kelly bracelet works best on normal/small wrists as it is not enormous in size.
I don't know which leather mine is though. I have seen them in many different leathers and colors, one is rather spoiled for choice.

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be so thrilled...

I have this too. You can also wear it like a lariat by hooking it a bit higher and leaving part hanging down.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
What a great collection! Love it!