best time of the day to end an auction?

givewow

Jan 12, 2008
i've been selling about a hundred of used bags a week for several years now. a major factor that I have not paid a lot of attention to is the time and day of the week i let my auctions end. lately i've been trying to track values a bit more (i start all auctions at 99 cents) and feel like weekdays around 5pm pacific seem to be doing well. weekend altogther seem like they don't get as much bidding action. any thoughts at all on this are very appreciated. i apologize if there have been threads about this that i dont see (i'm sure there have) as i'm new on the site and have not found a good way to search the forum.
thanks
-rc
-salearea

I am so excited! :yahoo:I came on here because I am a handbag addict with a question about a Juicy couture handbag I bought on ebay. I ended up looking at this question that I LITERALLY had just last week researched!

ebay has seller tools and among them is research that they have done on best time to list, best time to end auctions, how long people stay on ebay during certain days of the week, etc.

The winning time to end an auction ((drum roll please)) is Monday approx 5 PM. Sadly, I don't recall the time zone, but you can look up the time zone (and any other marketing specifics and trends) in the seller tools!

you ladies are great! i think i'm going to like this forum :smile:
if anyone from the forum would like to purchase bags from me they may deduct our 85 cent handling / packaging fee from any purchase ;) my auctions are fun 'cuz they all start at 99 cents - some of the bags are pretty beat up though so please take very close looks at all the pics
-rc
-ebay id salearea

if anyone from the forum would like to purchase bags from me they may deduct our 85 cent handling / packaging fee from any purchase ;) my auctions are fun 'cuz they all start at 99 cents - some of the bags are pretty beat up though so please take very close looks at all the pics
-rc
-ebay id salearea

You are allowed to promote yourself on the forum as far as I know. :nogood:

Just FYI...

-rc
-ebay id salearea

Hi there! :biggrin:

That's very kind of you, but it's against tPF rules to promote our own auctions (just a heads up!). :smile:

I agree with everyone who said weekdays after work hours..so anytime between 7-10pm. Btw, has anyone else noticed that eBay's really starting to pick up again with more buyers and sellers? It was SO slow for awhile...