Cleaning A Suede Coach Purse

kimosa

Jun 22, 2007
The corners of my suede Coach purse is black. From what, I don't know! It has pink & tan suede corners & it looks so yucky. Soapy water ok or should I use a special suede cleaner :?:

there's no such thing as a suede cleaner. Once suede is ruined, it's done. You can't reverse it. Anything liquid will just make it worse. sorry.

Yeah Coach has a suede cleaner that they'll usually order for you for free. I came in there with a bag I bought on Ebay (Chevron Hobo) and they ordered me one and it came to my house in like two days!

It worked really well surprisingly! Doesn't look 100% better but a vast difference.

I've used an emery board (not the metal kind) and used light strokes over the bag, and it cleaned it up nicely. Not perfect, but a lot better. I have only one suede Coach bag simply because suede is so difficult to clean, and bad weather....fuhgeddabowdit! Good luck!

My 1st post :biggrin: In the drug store shoe section they have suede shoe erasers and brushes. My husbands new military boots are suede and I have used these erasers with the brush on my pink suede Hampton, my suede trimmed duffle and suede Dooney bags and it works great!

I guess this is after the fact but I bought a small sig bag with suede on the bottom. I used a spray scotch guard on it. You need to spray lightly and go over it 2 or 3 times but it has really seamed to help keep it clean.

if you purchased it from a coach store, it should have came with a suede brush and thats what you use.

otherwise, i searched the forum awhile ago and an answer was to use a nail file and file the dirt off.