Metallic Red Not Even Offered

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
My favorite Chanel SA (Brendan) had the U.S. buyer with him today when he called and I asked him to ask her for final word on the metallic red 2.55.

She says that Metallic Red was not even offered in the 2.55 by Chanel either to the boutiques or "wholesale" (which means department stores).

Aww, that's too bad for the ladies who were looking forward to the metallic red. :sad: On the bright side, I'm sure non-metallic red reissue will be stunning! :smile:

Cosmopolitan - Ohhh, I'm soo excited about the green reissue too! :nuts: :love: I'm waitlisted for the 227! If you check out the tread started by IceEarl about the metallic navy reissue, you'll see a picture of a metallic green perforated tote on one of the pages... that's the same green shade the reissue will be!! :girlsigh::heart:

^^ Well, unless my NM SA is lying hehe, I think there is! :P :heart: I *think* they ordered it in the 227 size, which I'm down for (not sure if I'll bring it home though, because I have too many red bags... if that's possible). :nuts: Also, the bag is not patent, it is apparently distressed leather... but there is a patent (I just saw it!)... not sure who is ordering that... I think BG is. So confusing! :sweatdrop:

^^this is so sad...i wonder what it would even look like...

and will non US/overseas stores get it or did Chanel not produce it at all...like it was a runway piece that they decided not to make for retail sales?

^^ Well, unless my NM SA is lying hehe, I think there is! :P :heart: I *think* they ordered it in the 227 size, which I'm down for (not sure if I'll bring it home though, because I have too many red bags... if that's possible). :nuts: Also, the bag is not patent, it is apparently distressed leather... but there is a patent (I just saw it!)... not sure who is ordering that... I think BG is. So confusing! :sweatdrop:

Well Brendan had leather swatches for all of the colors that were available and metallic red was not one of them. That's why he asked the U.S. buyer to which she answered "it was not offered".

So I hope your NM SA is correct because I'd love a red metallic reissue, but having heard it from the horses mouth myself I'm going with no for now.

^^this is so sad...i wonder what it would even look like...

and will non US/overseas stores get it or did Chanel not produce it at all...like it was a runway piece that they decided not to make for retail sales?

I'm not sure Cory. But the U.S. buyer might still be at the Chanel boutique on East 57th street right now.

Maybe call there and ask the buyer if it's even availble in Europe. 212-355-5050