Help support me in my Coach ban...

Hope your hubby is feeling better soon. I'm with ya on the ban...I have my chocolate flap and my recent ebay purchase, the khaki/white slim flap but thats all I own. I will admit its hard not to buy bags when I'm on TPFer. You have Coach on the brain 24/7! I had to take a break from TPfer for a while, its just too tempting. I was dreaming about all the new bags I would see on here and it made me sad I couldn't have them too. :crybaby:Now I just come on here for fun. I'm ok with my two bags. :yes: Although, I've been tempted lately...i.e. legacy pouch...:Push: but I returned it. :angel:

tanukiki: Hi! I am finding myself in a similar situation. My DH is having knee surgery next week. It's not too major but he has diabetes and I'm just really stressed out about the whole anesthesia---I'm sure it will be fine...:s

I have put myself on a ban until I pay off my cc. The balance isn't that high so it should be gone w/in a few months---fingers crossed----! I just want it gone--kwim? As far as cc's go, I have never charged a *whole*:P bag but......you know.
So, after I pay off the cc I will be saving for my next bag among other things!

tanukiki---I hope your Dh is ok and everything works out.

candace---you, too! Your pups are so cute and deserve to be safe and happy while you and DH are away protecting us and our country!

I wish you all the best tanukiki. Hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery and that you get that job you are interviewing for. Take care and be strong through this difficult time. You will get through it and there are always going to be beautiful bags waiting for you. I am right there with you on a ban. I am not buying anymore bags, no matter how tempted I become. TPF makes it really hard but I love looking at everyone's new bags and discussing them. Stay in the forum... there are many of us on a ban...we can support one another when temptation strikes!;)

Hang in there hun. I think each of us has been there. I sold every single bag I owned, LV, Chanel and almost all of my Coach to pay for my best friend 3rd round of chemo, surgery and hospital stays. She ultimately passed away Sept 6th. Those bags mean absolutely nothing to me but atleast I feel better that I did everything in my power to help her out. You will see how its all worth it when your DH comes out happy and healthy real soon. Best of luck and wishes to you and your DH.;)

Good luck I hope your husband's surgery goes well. It is very responsible that you have your priorities in order, sometimes people lose sight of these things especially when there are things we want. If this helps at all, you really didn't seem to psyched about your new bag and with all of the potential future problems with the coating and the graphic I think it is smart to wait. You are a tech person so you can appreciate waiting for "second generation" of these bags so they can work out the bugs. AND you will always be able to find a black leather ali in the future when you want it. These bags last a long time but back to priorities and Candace, I didn't realize you were in the military (sorry for not paying better attention) thank you so much for all you do, you and your husbandand the rest of the people in the military are very much appreciated in this household and amongst my friends. It is too bad that your husband's family doesn't support you more, maybe with time they will come to their senses and realize that even if you don't believe in the war you should support our troops !

Hang in there hun. I think each of us has been there. I sold every single bag I owned, LV, Chanel and almost all of my Coach to pay for my best friend 3rd round of chemo, surgery and hospital stays. She ultimately passed away Sept 6th. Those bags mean absolutely nothing to me but atleast I feel better that I did everything in my power to help her out. You will see how its all worth it when your DH comes out happy and healthy real soon. Best of luck and wishes to you and your DH.;)

Ohhh Kimmie. And your friend probably felt so treasured - for those of us that love bags, we LOVE them, and people recognize that they are pretty and expensive things. And they are our belongings. I am sure she would have never asked you to sell them all for her, and you did...I bet she felt so loved by you, and so so special. You probably helped her live out her last months knowing those things and retaining her dignity. Thank you for being such a good friend, that is one of the best things I have read in a long time.

It is always rewarding to put family first so while it makes us sad to curb spending on things we adore, it makes our hearts so much happier when priorities are straight. I'm for you and will support you because I know you'll be happier doing what you must for now. I'm curbing my spending too because we have goals this year as a family that I want to help meet and spending more money on bags will not help us accomplish them! I want to go back to the time when I bought a bag and loved it literally until it fell apart. I was happier then with my bags because I 'knew' them and I used them. KWIM?

This made me cry, you are probably the best friend someone could ever ask for. And I'm sure she was so appreciative of it!!!
No matter how many bags you have/had it will never amount the the friendship you had w/your friend.

And Candace, It's a shame that your in-laws will not take care of your dogs, they're like children. Would they not take your actually kids in in the same situation if you had them? If we lived closer, I would take your dogs while you were away. And it breaks my heart that your family is being so rude!
You have your Husband, and I know you 2 will support each other, that's all you need for now! Hang in there!!!

Oh I feel horrible, I was writing something to Tanukiki but it got deleted.

Tanukiki, We're all here for you!!! And I know I'll enable you once everything is well taken care of. We need more Limited Edition matching bags!!! lol....

I wish the best for your husband, and his surgery I'm sure will go very well!!
Keep your head up, everything will be okay!

Reading this made me cry as well...in fact I am totally bawling here. This is the nicest thing I have ever heard someone do for a friend! YOU are the best friend anyone can have, as I type this w/ tears falling down my face. Your friend passed away feeling loved and special and that is all b/c of you. You certainly will be taken care of!!!!

I really hope everything goes well and your hubby has a very speedy recovery. :flowers: I am right there with you too, only my problem is I have used credit cards too much in the past.. not so much for bags, but also other things as well as made some dumb car decisions :rolleyes: Anyway, work is slowing down around here and we are a happy family with a bunch of STUFF.. and when it all comes down to it that stuff doesn't matter. :nogood: I have also been selling off my bags (even new ones I just got!) to help pay the debts and bills, and even though sometimes it is hard the feeling is SO great when I can help out.. and realizing what even one of these coach bags can pay for in the nonbag world is sickening!!!! :throwup: Anyway, we are all here for you and for each other.. that is what I love about this place, the friendship and support is truly amazing. I feel like a big group hug!!! :love: :love:

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband Jenn. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. As I'm sure was mentioned, health is more important and when everything gets better you can always get a bag for yourself.

Wishing you, your husband and your family all the best.

Omg! That is one of the most selfless things I have ever heard! May God bless you and your kind soul!

What a beautiful thing to do for your friend :flowers::flowers::flowers: That is one of the nicest things I have ever heard of anyone doing for someone else. Thank you for your kind words to me too.

While cleaning out my bag, I just remembered that I do have a decent Coach credit so I can hold onto that until I feel that I have to get something small or to put towards a bag when this is all behind us. :smile: