Ladies please help me identify a similar shade of nail polish

mello_yello_jen

Designated Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
I bought this gorgeous shade of nail polish from Bath+Body Works one day because it looked yummy in the bottle and it was a small bottle so in case the boldness didn't work out for me, I know that I didnt waste a whole bottle. Unfortunately for me, I just about finished the bottle and now Bath+Body Works doesn't sell the color anymore :sad:

I'm not too bummed out about the fact that b+bw sold out because with the small bottle came a small brush and the brush was really hard to use :tdown: I'm just bummed because I love this color and it really worked on me!

Here's where you ladies come in - if any of you can suggest a similar color (any brand is fine), I would really appreciate it!! :love: And I'll hit the malls this weekend and play around with diff.reds but I really would love to hear suggestions :tup:

The color changes from a red to a deep red depending on how many coats I put it (in the picture I have on two coats).

red.jpg

Thank you soo much ladies!!! :nuts: I'm really excited and hope that I can find a similar color soon!

Omg I can't believe you haven't tried it yet! You'll love it!! It's an addiction though-- I started out buying one on sale a couple years ago and have almost as many colors now as my salon :shame:

You have really nice nails btw! :yes:

thank you ClaireZk and cherthompson!! I've been meaning to try OPI for awhile so these will be my perfect first test bottles!

If you are friends with a cosmetologist that has a membership to a beauty supply, she can get you OPI for 3.50 a bottle...:sneaky::whistle:

Red Red Rhine is more of a blue based red, My Kind of Brown is a neutral based red (which is very similar to how that red polish looks on your fingers).

I still vote for Lotus Rouge! :angel:

If you are friends with a cosmetologist that has a membership to a beauty supply, she can get you OPI for 3.50 a bottle...:sneaky::whistle:

Red Red Rhine is more of a blue based red, My Kind of Brown is a neutral based red (which is very similar to how that red polish looks on your fingers).

I still vote for Lotus Rouge! :angel:
you can get opi & other salon brands online for much cheaper w/o a beauty license at 8ty8beauty.com & head2toebeauty.com

OPI got the blues for red & OPI vodka & caviar both look quite similar.

Omg I can't believe you haven't tried it yet! You'll love it!! It's an addiction though-- I started out buying one on sale a couple years ago and have almost as many colors now as my salon

You have really nice nails btw!

Ahaha, the last thing I need, another addiction :nuts: I'm very excited to try OPI though, I've read sooo much about it! and thank you Claire!

If you are friends with a cosmetologist that has a membership to a beauty supply, she can get you OPI for 3.50 a bottle...

I still vote for Lotus Rouge!

Oh Candace, thanks for the insider tip!! My auntie is a cosmetologist (i think? she has a nail salon so she has some kinda license, oops, probably not a cosmetologist license but i hope she can get it for that price!) and thank you for the other suggestions!! I'm going to make a list of all the suggestions in this thread and ask my auntie :tup:

you can get opi & other salon brands online for much cheaper w/o a beauty license at 8ty8beauty.com & head2toebeauty.com

hey gymangel!! :flowers: thanks for the site, i clicked it and fell in love with a million and one colors. haha! and thanks for the suggestions as well!

Another vote for OPI, but I'm going with St Petersburgundy. Two coats look about right for the pic.. one more and you've got a beautiful, deep red.

St.petersburgundy! got it. thanks soo much :tup:

Hummm...I quoted 3.50 from West Coast Beauty, and both those sites had opi for over 4 dollars, almost 5. Doesn't seem cheaper to me! I'll stick to my buddies inside hookup :angel:

Oh Candace, thanks for the insider tip!! My auntie is a cosmetologist (i think? she has a nail salon so she has some kinda license, oops, probably not a cosmetologist license but i hope she can get it for that price!) and thank you for the other suggestions!! I'm going to make a list of all the suggestions in this thread and ask my auntie :tup:

:tup:

Oh if she has a nail salon she definitely has a license! Talk to her!!!!

^ You think OPI is better quality than Chanel? That's interesting. I've never tried Chanel polish before, but I keep hearing mixed reviews. I like MAC polish as much as OPI, but I think Givenchy is definitely inferior...