the dangers of waterproofing sprays

Oh dear, does anyone have any idea if AG uses the toxic chemical? I mean, all those little water-repelling particles that float towards my face couldn't have been any good.

Guess its time to slap a SARS mask on, but I don't think this'll stop me from rain-guarding. Just need to apply more carefully.

Thanks bama!

Thanks for the article.

I might have to don a HazMat suit now along with an Israeli gas mask
. :ninja:

APPLE LEATHER CARE TIPS

Here are my recommendations for the Apple products: The Apple Leather Care (conditioner) and Apple Garde (rain and stain repellent) spray.

First I use the conditioner, (test on an inconspicuous spot first) rub in well, allow to dry, then afterwards buff with a clean cloth. I use white cotton tshirt material.

For the spray, I recommend treating your bag outside as it is a solvent therefore, the fumes need to be able to dissipate in a well ventilated area. I hold the can of spray approximately 8-10 inches away from the bag and spray back and forth (in a sweeping motion); allowing for drying time between coats of 2-3 applications. While doing this, I hang my bag from the eaves outside of our house and wear an allergy mask, then move away very quickly from the bag after spraying. It's sounds strange, however you can't be too careful. HTH

I'm use AG outside only. I get upwind from it, use a mask and let it dry outside for about an hour. A lot of aerosols are bad for you. A mask is a good idea for any. Great article, thanks for posting. I wonder how many people end up in emergency rooms or hospitals and don't realize what caused it.

That's interesting PP as I just said this directly above in post #4.:Push:

APPLE LEATHER CARE TIPS

Here are my recommendations for the Apple products: The Apple Leather Care (conditioner) and Apple Garde (rain and stain repellent) spray.

First I use the conditioner, (test on an inconspicuous spot first) rub in well, allow to dry, then afterwards buff with a clean cloth. I use white cotton tshirt material.

For the spray, I recommend treating your bag outside as it is a solvent therefore, the fumes need to be able to dissipate in a well ventilated area. I hold the can of spray approximately 8-10 inches away from the bag and spray back and forth (in a sweeping motion); allowing for drying time between coats of 2-3 applications. While doing this, I hang my bag from the eaves outside of our house and wear an allergy mask, then move away very quickly from the bag after spraying. It's sounds strange, however you can't be too careful. HTH

I'm use AG outside only. I get upwind from it, use a mask and let it dry outside for about an hour. A lot of aerosols are bad for you. A mask is a good idea for any. Great article, thanks for posting. I wonder how many people end up in emergency rooms or hospitals and don't realize what caused it.

Wow! I'm glad I didn't use my AppleGard spray yet, given that I already have asthma to deal with. I'll make sure to get a mask before I use it. Thanks for posting this.

Wow! I'm glad I didn't use my AppleGard spray yet, given that I already have asthma to deal with. I'll make sure to get a mask before I use it. Thanks for posting this.

Yes, kimberf, it's a good idea to wear a mask and spray outdoors. These are solvents and the chemicals are anything but benign! Actually I recommended this awhile ago back in July 2006. One cannot be too safe with these sprays.:idea:

Here is my recommendation for the Apple products: the Apple Leather Care (conditioner) and Apple Garde spray.

First I use the conditioner, (test on an inconspicuous spot first) rub in well then afterwards buff with a clean cloth. I use white cotton tshirt material. Let dry.

For the spray, I recommend treating your bag outside as it is a solvent therefore, the fumes need to be able to dissipate in a well ventilated area. I hold the can of spray approximately 8-10 inches away from the bag and spray back and forth (in a sweeping motion); allowing for drying time between coats of 2-3 applications. I hang my bag from the eaves outside of our house and wear an allergy mask, then move away very quickly from the bag after spraying. It's sounds strange, however you can't be too careful. HTH