James Perse tops

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have several James Perse tops (bought all at the same time) and they are all darker colors including a black. After the first wash, they have been collecting lint, fuzz, pet hair.... pretty much anything you can imagine sticks to them b/c of the super fine, super soft cotten. I now have several $70+ glorified t-shirts in my closet that never get worn b/c they look horrible unless I lint roll them ever 10 minutes.
Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a solution?

I have only one James Perse top, so I went and checked it out. It looks perfectly brand new. I bought mine at Nordstrom. If you did too, I would return yours and let them know you are not satisfied. Most other stores do not have the same customer focused return policy. However, many online shops do.

Thanks ShoeAngel. I did buy mine at Nordy's as well...in Savvy to be exact. Nordy's is reallly good about their return policy...I guess it just didn't want to return them if I was doing something wrong. How long have you had yours? What color is your top?

Thanks ShoeAngel. I did buy mine at Nordy's as well...in Savvy to be exact. Nordy's is reallly good about their return policy...I guess it just didn't want to return them if I was doing something wrong. How long have you had yours? What color is your top?

I guess I actually have two. One is between a dark rose and burgundy (I don't know what to call that color...milky burgundy?), and the other is all white. I'm pretty sure they are both about a year old.

I usually do not have problems with 100% cotton fabrics. It is usually when synthetics are blended in that I see a deterioration of fabric quality due to washing and drying.

I definitely recommend taking your shirts back to Nordies. JP shirts are way to expensive not to be 100% happy with them.

Jam[SIZE=-1]es P[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ers[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e is on[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e of my favorit[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]es so I hav[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e a pr[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]etty big coll[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ection, and this has n[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ev[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]er happ[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]en[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ed. Ar[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e you washing your shirts with sw[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]eat[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ers? That might b[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e why you'r[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e g[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]etting this static clingy thing. I would try washing th[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]em with oth[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]er cotton things only, and mayb[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e also us[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e woolit[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e or an organic d[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]et[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]erg[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ent (just sharing how I wash min[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e). Hop[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]e that h[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]elps![/SIZE]

I have a couple of the slouchy necked tops in red and orange and a short sleeved version in white and haven't noticed this. I just use the high efficiency soap that's recommended for the washing machine we have and then dry them on very low heat and they seem to come out well. :yes: