Is this SPY worth keeping?

marcandchloe

Aug 27, 2007
I need an opinion. I just received this Sienna Nappa Fendi SPY from Bluefly today. I do not doubt the authenticity of the bag, but I question the quality. There is a loose thread as shown in the picture. I paid $1660 for it. Is it worth keeping? :confused1:

Attachments

• Picture 685.jpg
    Picture 685.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 687.jpg
    Picture 687.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 686.jpg
    Picture 686.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 146
I agree with Liti. It is a beautiful bag. The one particular stitch wouldn't bother me much. What color is it? The sienna looks like honey to me. It's absolutely gorgeous. Thanks.

Bluefly has the color Sienna in the item description. The Fendi card has Borsa spy nappa nuvolata/naturale +oro + pallad. The loose thread only bothers me because it's a brand new bag, and the discount on it was not that great. I'm glad I have 30 days to think about keeping it.

Bluefly has the color Sienna in the item description. The Fendi card has Borsa spy nappa nuvolata/naturale +oro + pallad. The loose thread only bothers me because it's a brand new bag, and the discount on it was not that great. I'm glad I have 30 days to think about keeping it.

ok, if it says "naturale" then it is honey after all! the other day someone got a bag from net a porter, and i thought it was honey and it turned out to be rust. they look basically the same to me, so whatevs.

i agree with balenciagalove -- call bluefly and ask them for an additional discount. the standard is really not that great. they often have additional 10% off sale days as well as 10% or 15% off coupons, so I don't think they should flinch on giving you an additional percentage off.

That's a pretty color! :drool:
I wouldn't return it just of that stitch, but if you paid almost full price, def. call them for an exchange or discount!

True, it can't hurt. Does the stitching look like more will come out? I'm fairly new to spy bags but I think the price you got is pretty good.
I called Bluefly and they offered a measly $20 for the repair credit. I did not accept it, because that would make the sales FINAL. I will try to overlook the loose thread. It is a gorgeous bag overall. I still have a lot of time to make my decision.

I don't think you should keep it... I think you should give it to ME!:P

Kidding aside, I think it's beautiful. But you have to love it! You got a good deal on it, but it's not impossible to get a good deal on a spy these days... so if you're not in love with it, send it back and find one that's perfect for you.