My Bronze 2.55 Reissue is here! Only she's not very Bronze!

photomj

Rocker Chic
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I just got my 2.55 Bronze reissue from the Bag, Borrow or Steal sale last week! I excitedly opened the package and the bag is BEAUTIFUL and in perfect shape! Only, she's not very "bronze"! I saw a bronze bag in the archives that is very bronze - to me bronze means a "coppery" color. This bag, in person, is a very light "tannish" gold...we shot photos in the natural light and it takes on a "rose" hue in the gold. It's not so gold, that I dislike it though...I'm just on the fence about the color.

I'm not that familiar with the Chanel colors since I just started buying them. Is this the color of bronze? Or was this maybe a gold reissue? It looks great with jeans but would look great with a suit as well. They even had the size wrong! They said it was a 226 at 10 x 6 inches with a 9 or 10" drop. The bag actually measures 11 x 7 with an almost 11" drop when using the two chains! I'm 5'10" and I think the bag is a nice size on me!

Anyhow....opinions...answers? Is there a truly "bronze" bag that I must still search for, or is this what Chanel Bronze looks like?!?!? :confused1:

TIA!

Attachments

• bronze1.jpg
    bronze1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 825
  • bronze2.jpg
    bronze2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 726
  • bronze3.jpg
    bronze3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 558
  • bronze4.jpg
    bronze4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 592
I just got my 2.55 Bronze reissue from the Bag, Borrow or Steal sale last week! I excitedly opened the package and the bag is BEAUTIFUL and in perfect shape! Only, she's not very "bronze"! I saw a bronze bag in the archives that is very bronze - to me bronze means a "coppery" color. This bag, in person, is a very light "tannish" gold...we shot photos in the natural light and it takes on a "rose" hue in the gold. It's not so gold, that I dislike it though...I'm just on the fence about the color.

I'm not that familiar with the Chanel colors since I just started buying them. Is this the color of bronze? Or was this maybe a gold reissue? It looks great with jeans but would look great with a suit as well. They even had the size wrong! They said it was a 226 at 10 x 6 inches with a 9 or 10" drop. The bag actually measures 11 x 7 with an almost 11" drop when using the two chains! I'm 5'10" and I think the bag is a nice size on me!

Anyhow....opinions...answers? Is there a truly "bronze" bag that I must still search for, or is this what Chanel Bronze looks like?!?!? :confused1:

TIA!

I have this bag. I LOVE this bag. It's my favorite. It's the 2006 dark gold reissue. Very limited. You were lucky to get it, and on sale no less!!!

wow you've got a great deal! how much did you manage to get this at? this bag is hot! it's a size 226 i believe? but looks like a 225 lol, congrats! enjoy her ;)

I have this bag. I LOVE this bag. It's my favorite. It's the 2006 dark gold reissue. Very limited. You were lucky to get it, and on sale no less!!!

Thanks Mon! Obviously they don't know what they are selling there!

Do you know if this is the largest size or was there a larger one?

Wow, this isn't a bag you can even find to begin with, let alone snag on discount... holy crap haha, I'm in shock!!! :nuts: :nuts: As Mon said, it's the Fall '06 Dark Gold reissue! :love: :love:

I have this in the 227 size, and you're right, it isn't bronze per se, it's a dark tannish gold (reminds me very much of the bronze CC tote)... IMO, it's also the perfect neutral, not too blingy metallic that you can wear with soo much!!! :love:

If you're still on the fence, I don't think you'd have any problems whatsoever selling her... as I can think of several ladies who would love to have her hehe. ;) Try her on with a bunch of different outfits, see how you feel! :smile: Congrats on an amazing find girl!!!! :yahoo:

Thanks Mon! Obviously they don't know what they are selling there!

Do you know if this is the largest size or was there a larger one?

The size you have looks like the 226. It was also available in 225 and 227. Here is Jessica Alba carrying hers.

351.jpg

Wow, this isn't a bag you can even find to begin with, let alone snag on discount... holy crap haha, I'm in shock!!! :nuts: :nuts: As Mon said, it's the Fall '06 Dark Gold reissue!

I have this in the 227 size, and you're right, it isn't bronze per se, it's a dark tannish gold (reminds me very much of the bronze CC tote)... IMO, it's also the perfect neutral, not too blingy metallic that you can wear with soo much!!! :love:

If you're still on the fence, I don't think you'd have any problems whatsoever selling her... as I can think of several ladies who would love to have her hehe. ;) Try her on with a bunch of different outfits, see how you feel! :smile: Congrats on an amazing find girl!!!! :yahoo:

HAHA YES MINAL, i would be the first! if you decide to let it go, photomj! :graucho:

wow you did great, its beautiful.

Gosh, a real advantage of purchasing sometimes not from a direct boutique is that they have no idea what they are sending ;)

Enjoy your gorge new bag :smile: