Has anyone got a Mulberry Ayler?

Meeeeee!

I've got this one - the colour is blush with orange & mauve.

thumb.php
thumb.php

I got it from Shepton in April this year for £195 reduced from £795 :wtf: It was still being sold by Net a Porter for £500 at that point :tup:

It's a brilliant summer bag and I'm so not precious about it at all. Have sprayed it once with Collonil but that's it - used it in the rain and everything and it was fine. It's Rio leather, rather than Darwin.

However, it weighs a TONNE. You think the Bayswater is heavy?! I think it's all the weaving that adds to the weight.

Plus, I do find it hard to keep the double straps on my shoulder and end up sort of twisting them round a bit.

I think it's the only bag that I don't have RL pics of, actually. But, over the Christmas break, I'm going to take photos of my entire Mulberry collection :yahoo:

You know, when I first saw Pigpen's Ayler I thought, hmmm...this would match my Pikolino sandals!

Take a look at the pics, don't they have similar looks, with their colored braids <?>?

Attachments

• pikolinos_varadero.jpg
    pikolinos_varadero.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 152
  • pikolinos_handbag.jpg
    pikolinos_handbag.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 266
Only saving grace is Liv Tyler's DH is interesting looking - that's the nicest way I can put it! It stops me hating her totally for being so utterly gorgeous and a Mulberry fan!
Re the Ayler, I always pick up the red one when I go to SM because there's something alluring about that bag, but even the tiny one weighs a ton. It's v deceptive as it looks as if it should be lightweight.

I have one that my DH bought me for Easter in 2006. This was the first Mulberry bag that l had. I just happened to go into our shopping centre and saw it in the window and fell in love with it. I have only taken it out a few times which is totally a waste of money but would never sell or get rid of it because he went out and bought for me as a surprise.

I must admit l don't find it too heavy having since had Paddy's but l was more concerned at somebody gaining access to my purse etc. as it doesn't have a proper closure. I have since purchased 2 VIP Liners by Tintamar which are really good so l now change all my bags much more frequently - they also save the linings or suede getting damaged.

I have one that my DH bought me for Easter in 2006. This was the first Mulberry bag that l had. I just happened to go into our shopping centre and saw it in the window and fell in love with it. I have only taken it out a few times which is totally a waste of money but would never sell or get rid of it because he went out and bought for me as a surprise.

I must admit l don't find it too heavy having since had Paddy's but l was more concerned at somebody gaining access to my purse etc. as it doesn't have a proper closure. I have since purchased 2 VIP Liners by Tintamar which are really good so l now change all my bags much more frequently - they also save the linings or suede getting damaged.

I've recently bought one of these purse liners and I'm really pleased with it. The only problem is that I'm now worried about the entire contents of my handbag being pickpocketed in one go :rolleyes: so I still keep my wallet zipped in the inner pocket.

In fact, my only complaint about Mulberry bags (other than the untreated leather :lol:) is that the inner zipped pockets are too small for the large wallets. I would really love the large gunmetal Agyness wallet and, shock horror, would consider paying full price for it. However, it wouldn't fit in the zipper pocket and would just have to be loose in the bottom of my bag and I'd be really worried about this from a security aspect - especially with the Elgin, Joni and Ayler.

I've recently bought one of these purse liners and I'm really pleased with it. The only problem is that I'm now worried about the entire contents of my handbag being pickpocketed in one go :rolleyes: so I still keep my wallet zipped in the inner pocket.

In fact, my only complaint about Mulberry bags (other than the untreated leather :lol:) is that the inner zipped pockets are too small for the large wallets. I would really love the large gunmetal Agyness wallet and, shock horror, would consider paying full price for it. However, it wouldn't fit in the zipper pocket and would just have to be loose in the bottom of my bag and I'd be really worried about this from a security aspect - especially with the Elgin, Joni and Ayler.

That is one of the things I have found with mine,if I go somewhere busy and I have the Elgin with me I usually try and stuff a jumper or something in the top of the bag so you really can't find anything without a good dig. Not so bad with the Roxy its got a flap top,but as I've usually got Sophie with me I usually have the Elgin too as its way bigger and easier to shoulder carry.

Good tip :tup: Mind you I can never find anything in my Elgin, so I congratulate anyone else who can :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too! In fact, I keep thinking about selling mine. :shame: The thing is though, that I just love the style, and the choc leather is sooo scrummy. Every time I consider it, I just can't bear to do it!

I've got the Bayswater under the tree, and I don't really have that much need for huge bags. I'm going to see how I get on with her, and then consider selling Elgin to fund a choc Annie. Buuuuut, should a choc Annie appear in the sales, well, I might have to re-think......

Meeeeee!

I've got this one - the colour is blush with orange & mauve.

thumb.php
thumb.php

I got it from Shepton in April this year for £195 reduced from £795 :wtf: It was still being sold by Net a Porter for £500 at that point :tup:

It's a brilliant summer bag and I'm so not precious about it at all. Have sprayed it once with Collonil but that's it - used it in the rain and everything and it was fine. It's Rio leather, rather than Darwin.

However, it weighs a TONNE. You think the Bayswater is heavy?! I think it's all the weaving that adds to the weight.

Plus, I do find it hard to keep the double straps on my shoulder and end up sort of twisting them round a bit.

I think it's the only bag that I don't have RL pics of, actually. But, over the Christmas break, I'm going to take photos of my entire Mulberry collection :yahoo:

Hi ditab

If you ever consider selling your Ayler bag please let me know. Have a nice day and weekend!