Escalating to a claim. Does it cost anything?

Demosthenes

Oct 17, 2006
Just wondering for future reference, because it's been a month and an item hasn't arrived. It didn't cost much, so it may not be worth opening up a claim for. Do claims cost anything because of the extra labor involved for paypal? Is it a flat fee or a percentage?

That is terrible - I agree with forenfinal ask him for the tracking details and contact Paypal. It doesn't matter what it cost it is the principle - all items on eBay should be sent out within 7 days.

File the dispute!! If he really did send it, he'll have to prove that and he won't be out any money or be "in trouble". If he didn't, you'll get your money back. Just because he's being nice doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

I am dealing with this exact situation on a $2000 item right now and let me tell you, I am FURIOUS. :cursing:

Did you get a tracking number from him??? Can he prove he sent it??

Just filed the dispute! I've asked him for a tracking number both times. The first time, he didn't have one and he said he'd send out another package. He didn't use a tracking number that time either. I told him a photo of the postage receipt would work also, but he didn't reply to that and said that the newest package was on it's way and should arrive any day. Sadly, it didn't so I'm going for the refund now.

I also asked him what address he was sending to, in case he was writing it down wrong, but that was ignored.

The item was only $16 or so, so I hope that he will just refund me so we can let this go.

If, by chance, the items do arrive, can I just mark them return to sender and they'll go back to him ok? I've never done that before so I don't know how safe it is.

File the dispute!! If he really did send it, he'll have to prove that and he won't be out any money or be "in trouble". If he didn't, you'll get your money back. Just because he's being nice doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

I am dealing with this exact situation on a $2000 item right now and let me tell you, I am FURIOUS. :cursing:

OMG, poor thing! I learned my lesson from previous big-ticket ebay purchases and now I only use CC's to pay. I'd be furious too! I hope that yours works out in the end.