Will you let someone borrow your Chanel?

I would never let anyone borrow my designer purses. It is not up to you to explain anything to your cousin. I would just say no--and let it go. If she is mad at you who cares....let her deal with it.

I can remember so many friends in the past having something ruined by another friend and it seems to always cause problems, expecially if it was a expensive item.

I only let my mom borrow mine, and as a matter of fact, she has it right now.

However, she is a smoker, and I've told her that if she smokes around it (I have a really good sense of smell, so I will know) or otherwise damage it, she will have to replace it, and for us, that also includes a trip to the nearest Chanel store which is in another country (!!) so she knows to be very, very careful :yes:

I would never let anyone borrow my designer purses. It is not up to you to explain anything to your cousin. I would just say no--and let it go. If she is mad at you who cares....let her deal with it.

I can remember so many friends in the past having something ruined by another friend and it seems to always cause problems, expecially if it was a expensive item.

ITA. It's better for her to be irked than for you to worry about your bag.

Not just Chanel, any bags for that matter--only to my cousin, my mom, and a couple of friends--they're the only I would let borrowing my bags, because with my friends and cousin, they know some of the bags are irreplaceable so they'll take great care of them. With my mom, well, even if she destroys them, I wouldn't be mad...because she is my mom:smile:

If you don't feel comfortable about it, then just say no, simple and easy:smile:

If it was for a special occasion and we were close I would let someone close to me borrow my bags. As long as they are responsible and it isn't a habit I'm ok with it.

I will only let my mom borrow my bags. She's the type that will not spend a fortune on a bag so I will let her borrow it so that she can feel fabulous when she's carrying a Chanel. :heart: Plus, I know that she will take good care of them.

What is it about in laws that people just cant along with them. As nice as I am to my sister in law, she cant shake the fact that Im her husband's sister. I know she still sees me as an outlaw! I give up.

In all seriousness, I try so hard and all they do is make fun of me or try to abuse me and make me look bad, I can make your skin crawl from some stuff they have said and did. Worst part is, most of it was done infront of my sister. Its not all inlaws.

Truthfully I am really torn on this - I mean she is also my closest friend and is only in her 20s and can't afford these things - on top of that , she is an up and coming fashion designer - she almost made it on this season's Project Runway - so I know she knows the value of the bag and I have over the years bought her Chanel stuffs and nice bags from other designers - I think that I will lend her a certain bag - but not the one she wants ... and soon enough I will buy her one.