sick new born pup ........help

bobobags

I love your bag!!!
Mar 25, 2006
My Lola (peke) had 5 pups on Nov. 19.............1 pup is sick, I took him to the vet today. The puppy doesn't want to get any milk fom Lola, he is so small, the other 4 pups are 2 sizes bigger, the vet took his temp and he is cold. I started to bottle feed him and the vet told me to rub his stomach with warm and his little bottom after the feeding to make him use the bathroom. Well I did that and now he seems so bloated his stomach is very hard and he didn't use it. He is also breathing through his mouth. Do you have any advice(please)?
the dr. gave him a 50/50 chance of living :crybaby:

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. This must be really difficult. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope some of the vets and vet techs on the forum chime in and offer you some ideas. I'm sending good vibes his way!!!

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. This must be really difficult. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope some of the vets and vet techs on the forum chime in and offer you some ideas. I'm sending good vibes his way!!!

Thanks so much,
but my puppy passed away late last night. He was only with us for such a short time but it is still very sad, my lttle boy cried himself to sleep last night................:crybaby:
Just terrible to see his lil :heart: broken.

That's awful- we get really attached to these guys so quickly. It's really hard, but sometimes mother nature works in ways for a reason. I hope your son is feeling better today. Losing a pet is hard for anyone, no matter how long they've been with you, especially for kids.

You are doing all you can - make sure there is a hot water bottle under some blankets so the baby will stay toasty warm. Most newborns that have to be hand raised don't make it as dispite our best efforts nothing equals a momma's care. Expect the worst, but hope for the best.

You're doing good *crossing fingers*

I'm so sorry! This is really, really common with the small breeds-they usually have one or two that are tiny and "fading." You did everything right. I had a little Peke whelp last week-she only had two! Four is a great number. Good luck with the reat-I bet they're cute.