Question for Kelly Caleche and Un Jardin sur le Nil owners.

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hello everyone. I bought the Un Jardin sur le Nil a few months back and been meaning to try the new Kelly Caleche. I finally got to sample it through a sephora catalog that I recently received a few days ago. The sample was hard to smell, I kept rubbing it on my wrist. To me the Kelly somewhat smells like Un Jardin sur le Nil. The closest place that sells it is an hour away and I would hate to drive that far just to spray it on and realize I don't like it or that it smells just like sur le nil.

For the owners of both fragrances, do they smell alike to you? Also when purchasing fragrances from the H store.....do they wrap it in the nice orange boxes?? TIA

Hello Jinsun! I own both fragrances and in my opinion they smell totally different! Whilst jardin sur le nil is really fresh and citrus-y, kelly en calèche is much "richer" and smells of leather. for me the perfect winter scent!:love:
I purchased both fragrances at my local H but as I bought those for myself I didn't ask for a giftwrapping. but i'm sure that your SA would giftwrap the chosen fragrance for you if you ask for it.

I have recently bought the kelly caleche. I also have both the jardin sur le nil and another fav of mine, rose ikebana. To my senses, the kelly caleche is like a combination of sur le nil and rose ikebana, I smell both of them in the kelly. They all smell good and compliment each other really well when combined.

Hello everyone. I bought the Un Jardin sur le Nil a few months back and been meaning to try the new Kelly Caleche. I finally got to sample it through a sephora catalog that I recently received a few days ago. The sample was hard to smell, I kept rubbing it on my wrist. To me the Kelly somewhat smells like Un Jardin sur le Nil. The closest place that sells it is an hour away and I would hate to drive that far just to spray it on and realize I don't like it or that it smells just like sur le nil.

For the owners of both fragrances, do they smell alike to you? Also when purchasing fragrances from the H store.....do they wrap it in the nice orange boxes?? TIA

Gosh, what a coincidence... I swear I was thinking the same thing today!! I am totally out of perfume and had a teeny drop of Kelly Caleche in a sample spray. I also had about a 1/2 vial of Jardin in a sample sprayer. So, I put both on and thought that they smelled exactly the same!

I've got samples of both--I've been thinking of purchasing the Nil perfume--I just totally love it! My SA tossed me a sample of the Kelly Caleche as well and I must say, I'm really enjoying it! To me they don't smell at all alike the Nil has a lightness, a grassy tone that I really like. It's subtle and doesn't jam up your nose. The Kelly has a maturity I'm really enjoying and it works great with my body lotions--I've got these scented lotions from kiehl's that I use daily. The Kelly is very "friendly" with other scents. Maybe that's why they smell similar to some? The Kelly is so easy to mix with other scents, it's a cameleon.

I bought the Kelly Caleche

and came out in a terrible rash all over my neck, have had it there for three weeks, I didnt get that with Eau marveille. ( sigh)

Oh no!

I don't find that KC and JslN smell alike either. KC has a much stronger rose element to me, and of course the leather scent too, while JslN is much lighter and more citrus-y. I do find KC to be a bit too strong on me though, whereas my other H perfumes are strong at first and then die down a bit (I normally wear either eau de mervailles or 24 fauborg).

Well, I think since they were both created by the same perfumer (JC Ellena), they will have a lot of similar notes and that's probably the similarity you smell. Upon drydown, they are very dissimilar IMO but Ellena does have a "signature" so I understand how parts may smell the same!

Does anyone know what scent they use in their boutiques? I'm addicted to that smell....

Me too Mizzle!! :P I have heard that it's the combination of all the perfumes and leathers.

And to me, the closest thing to recreating that smell is their perfume/parfum Doblis. I LOVE it!! But, I wasn't about to spend $500 on a bottle (reissued in crystal, I believe) a few years ago.

Somedays I regret it because I'd love to smell like Hermes! Is that weird?!?!?! :confused1:

Also...I think Sur le Nil (citrus) and KC (leather) smell totally different.