Why do many people say Tokidoki is limited edition? Is it limited edition?

Jlee91

Sep 28, 2007
I just don't know why but alot of people who aren't that much of tokidoki fanatics say its limited edition and stuff but i do see alot of bags. Is tokidoki limited edition or am i just confused?

Yes, it's limited edition. Each pattern is issued once, in limited quantities and that's it. (Unless they do some of these rumored re-releases). As opposed to Louis Vuitton for instance that has some bags styles that have been available for years and in some cases even decades.

:rolleyes:
Yes, it's limited edition. Each pattern is issued once, in limited quantities and that's it. (Unless they do some of these rumored re-releases). As opposed to Louis Vuitton for instance that has some bags styles that have been available for years and in some cases even decades.

Oh i c. How many limited quantities? 5,000 bags for each print? just wondering?

The ones that are really limited are those in the first collection which feature 3 different Qees depending on the bag model, the Playground, and the Camo Collection. Those were manufactured in absolutely small quantities and sold out very quickly. They were launched at the time when there weren't that many tokidoki fanatics as there are today.

The first collection is the most precious, you'd see new with tag bags going for crazy prices on ebay. The Qees used were the generic white one, the blue cat, and the pink... dog? Those with the blue and pink Qees fetch even higher prices.

The ones that are really limited are those in the first collection which feature 3 different Qees depending on the bag model, the Playground, and the Camo Collection. Those were manufactured in absolutely small quantities and sold out very quickly. They were launched at the time when there weren't that many tokidoki fanatics as there are today.

The first collection is the most precious, you'd see new with tag bags going for crazy prices on ebay. The Qees used were the generic white one, the blue cat, and the pink... dog? Those with the blue and pink Qees fetch even higher prices.

Thanks for explaining! I did somehow realize that the first bags with the flowers that came out were expensive and the different qees that i looked at on tokidoki-blog.com.

The earlier the prints, the rarer they are. It seems that though the earlier prints were popular and sold out easily, most caught on the trend much later. Probably after the Foresta? I was fortunate to stock up since the OP was released. But I sold off my OP's Angioletto and Bella for profit. I was at first reluctant to let go of the Angioletto as it was the one and only one that I bought and what's more it's the OP!! But well, money makes the world goes round. I caved in and sold it.....anyway there's still some Tokidokis I want to sell off cause I realised that I can't use all 50 of them.