Classics - Coach Willis Bag

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Am I crazy for wanting to order this??? It's still available online - I recall years & years ago always loving this bag & still do....... and I've been searching for a great crossbody but nothing current by anyone really catches my eye - I've tried a few but didn't LOVE them. Anyone still pull out the willis bag??? I'm very close to ordering....... plus I love nickel hardware...what to do what to do!

Am I crazy for wanting to order this??? It's still available online - I recall years & years ago always loving this bag & still do....... and I've been searching for a great crossbody but nothing current by anyone really catches my eye - I've tried a few but didn't LOVE them. Anyone still pull out the willis bag??? I'm very close to ordering....... plus I love nickel hardware...what to do what to do!

No you are not crazy. I have been eyeballing the Rambler's Legacy bag lately. I wish they were available in stores so I could look at it before ordering/buying though...

the only thing that I'm hesitant about is I don't think any of the classics were lined. Not sure if I care enough about that though - maybe that's better for throwing pens in there.......

The classics were not lined. It was the actual grain leather which I prefer personally (primarily because it took away from the worry about getting the lining dirty).

I say get your Willis bag! I was at a conference last Tuesday and the speaker was carrying the black leather/silver Willis bag. I think they are always in style and fashionable.

Hmmm, this thread makes me want to carry my Janice bag today (which I think is a great crossbody bag personally).

The classics were not lined. It was the actual grain leather which I prefer personally (primarily because it took away from the worry about getting the lining dirty).

I say get your Willis bag! I was at a conference last Tuesday and the speaker was carrying the black leather/silver Willis bag. I think they are always in style and fashionable.

Hmmm, this thread makes me want to carry my Janice bag today (which I think is a great crossbody bag personally).

i've also been eyeballing that one along with and the Legacy zip as well. I wonder if any SAs would let you order one with PCE as they don't carry them in the stores....

I don't think that you are crazy at all, I have always wanted this bag...one day I am going to get the black with the nickel hardware. I love the classics, they are my all time favorite.

I had the Rambler, but I wore that bag out! I finally had to sell it because it was so scuffed, but it was a great bag for 8 years!

I just saw a british tan Willis at the mall last week. Get it!!! I've been carrying my classic black Court bag (my avatar) lately and I forgot how much I love it. They always comment on my bag when I go to Coach with a classic bag because they're not so common anymore. Also, you don't see fakes of these all over the place either. Good luck!!

Yup I'm getting it! going to wait a week though & see if a pce card shows up for me. then I'll see if the store can order it with the discount - that'd be fab, although I think the price is still fab for what you get in comparison to a lot of what's out there now.

Yup I'm getting it! going to wait a week though & see if a pce card shows up for me. then I'll see if the store can order it with the discount - that'd be fab, although I think the price is still fab for what you get in comparison to a lot of what's out there now.

They are really good prices on those items!

^^ yes and I know it'll last forever. I still have my 1st coach my mom bought me. Unlined - sort of double handle bucket style. It could almost pass for new & it's probably 15 yrs old. I can't part with it even though I hate it - won't stay on my shoulder, but the quality is fantastic!

kbell, I know from the main forum that you were looking for a cross-body bag - are you concerned about size? You probably know this, but the Willis is a lot smaller than the Ani...but yes, the style is absolutely classic. I think the Willis is a beautiful, timeless bag!

If you live near an outlet, you may want to call and see if they have the Willis in stock. I bought a Janice's Legacy and it was considerably cheaper than it would have been online - I can't really tell the difference in terms of quality vs. my old Station bag (from the 80s!). I know the Gilroy, CA outlet had a number of classic bags on sale...you may want to give them a call...