How do you wear a sheer shirt?

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
How do you wear a sheet shirt other than with a camisole underneath? Looking for ideas. Thanks!

Something like this.... (They had a under a v neck cardigan on the runway.)

I think it would look nice with a pant suit. I'm a bit particular though, so I'd say the best suit would be either black or charcoal, and the blazer should have to be a bit longer, hitting around mid-thigh, with very thin lapels, and the pants should be slightly wide-legged, a very '70s Saint-Laurent look. Hope this helps!

I wear them like this..

Me on the right btw!

This shirt I was wearing then wasn't really that sheer, but I wore it kinda tied up with a camisole top underneath it!

x

Attachments

• 8305901a5695970872l.jpg
    8305901a5695970872l.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 276
For a sheer black top, I'd wear a basic white tank top (kinda like a wife beater) with either jeans for a dressed down look or white linen pants with some accessories for a more dressed up look.

For a sheer cream or white top, stick to a nude cami.

^^^
i also love the look of a white tank under black.

but there are so many ways to wear this, starting from a wide variety of tanks and bodice tops. you can even wear it under a corset or a fitted short vest and with a black pencil skirt and that would make an awesome evening look.

A little different look that I might suggest.. Why not a super sharp waistcoat over this sheer shirt? Look for one that's completely black with pinstripes. Wear with wide legged trousers and chunky heels.

It could look real good with a skirt suit as well. With such a peculiar look, I think a skirt suit from Vivienne Westwood would look fabulous.

something light color fitted sleeveless but not too light..with a pencil cur skirt or fitted jeans..

Everyones ideas are awesome but this is exactly what I do ^^^^ I am a little conservative :shame:. I love sheer shirts but I have a hard time finding ones I really like, I have only two.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 532