I want my Mono bag, but...

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
So I finally made it down to the store yesterday to check out the bags I had in mind to use as a book tote. First off, boy am I glad I did that - the one I thought I'd love, I hated! I tried the Lockit Horizontal, the Saleya MM/GM, the Chelsea (which I really liked, surprisingly), and the Cabas Mezzo. I am in LOVE with that Mezzo! That's definitely going to be the one I get...here's the only problem. Up till now, I've avoided Monogram bags like the plague. I go to college in a pretty bad neighborhood, and I feel like they draw too much attention. I know I shouldn't care what others think, but NO ONE here carries LV, so people really seem to notice when someone does. I suppose I could SO one in Damier, but something about the Mezzo in Mono was so yummy....Also, I'm studying at a new school during the Spring Semester, and I really don't want everyone's impression of me to be a giant Louis Vuitton bag. What do you guys think? Does anyone else ever feel this way? What did you do in the end?

Get what you like, it doesn't matter what others think as long as you love it. I hate it when ppl don't do something they want to do just because they are scard of what others will think. IF YOU LOVE, THEN YOU DESERVE IT! Go for it girl ! :smile:

I agree that you should get what makes you happy, but if your safety might be an issue or if there's a danger of theft, then get a less expensive or less noticible bag for school and wear your mono on the weekends and keep it locked up.

I see LV/other mono bags on campus and they look really smart and nice especially since loads of people practically wear their pajamas exclusively (hey, I'm not knocking it, they must be really comfortable).
If you are worried about being "that girl who always wears the huge LV bag" you could use it sparingly and alternate it with different bags, although I doubt many people would think too much about your bag, you're probably thinking too much about it! You may as well get the one you really want. You won't be wearing it all the time because you won't always have a lot to carry around, anyway. I'm a student and I don't always have to use my biggest bag. I say go for it!

safety first im in southern Ca and safety is an issue my area is fine and my daughters college is safe.. but there are some colleges that just arn't safe....

I was also worried about using it in the rain, but that's what umbrellas are for, right? And Lord knows it's big enough to hold an umbrella...lol. I think I just needed some convincing.

I say get what makes you happy. I understand about the whole safety issue, so if you feel that you would draw too much attention that you'd become a target of theft then maybe you should look into a different bag. But if you really love it and are just considering not getting it because of "what others might think" then I say get it anyway. And you'll probably find that it wasn't as big of a deal as you thought it'd be.

I say get what you want too. Mono can be a pain sometimes to me anyway, but you can always get the vachetta replaced later on down the road. That is what is so great about LV. We can actually get things repaired. LVoe that!! As far as the safety issue, I understand how you can be concerned. But you should carry your bag with pride and let them think whatever they want. It's you that matters.

safety first im in southern Ca and safety is an issue my area is fine and my daughters college is safe.. but there are some colleges that just arn't safe....

I agree. If your instincts are telling you no, then that lil voice is probably right.
However, you can still buy the mezzo bag and use it every once in a while when you go out shopping or something. You don't need to bring it to school with you if you feel that it's unsuitable.

I agree. If your instincts are telling you no, then that lil voice is probably right.
However, you can still buy the mezzo bag and use it every once in a while when you go out shopping or something. You don't need to bring it to school with you if you feel that it's unsuitable.

Hmm, I think I'll be fine carrying it on campus, so long as I don't go off campus with it.... On campus, I'll just get stares, lol. I think most people will assume it's fake, but that doesn't really bother me.

I carry my huge Neverful GM to school, and I don't really get stares. I feel it can be a little loud at times, but so what? I love my bag and that's all that matters. If you're worried about safety, that's already a good start -- it means you are going to be smart about where you will be carrying it to and be paying attention to your surroundings when you walk. If you like the bag for school, then get it! :smile: