Louis Vuitton Holiday Gift Exchange: Sign-Up & Rules

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
The Louis Vuitton Holiday Gift Exchange

What: This is a holiday gift exchange, similar to a Secret Santa. You will be randomly assigned a buddy that you will be responsible for sending one gift to. In turn, you will receive a gift from a different person. Please see full rules below for further details. You will receive notification of who your buddy is on 11/16/2007 to allow you enough time to shop!

When: You will be responsible for sending one gift to your buddy that has to arrive between December 1 – 24

Why: This is a fabulous way to get to know other members that you might not normally have a chance to communicate with! Plus, we’re all shopping addicts and it’s always fun to shop for other people!

How/When Do I Sign Up: Sign-ups will take place from November 1- 15. Please see full details below for how to officially sign up.

Complete rules (PLEASE READ!!!!):

1. After signing up you are responsible for sending one package/gift to your assigned buddy.
2. Total value of package/gift MUST be between $30-50 USD (or equivalent in Euros/Pounds, etc.)
3. There are no rules about what type of gift you must send. Be creative and be in the holiday mood ☺
4. If your buddy is located in the same country as you, you MUST ship your package by 12/15 to ensure arrival by 12/24.
5. If your buddy is located in a different country, you MUST ship your package by 12/7 to ensure arrival by 12/24.
6. You MUST PM me proof of mailing your package. In the US you can add delivery confirmation to your package. In Canada you can add proof of delivery/registered to your package. In Europe, you can PM/email me a copy of your receipt.

Who Can Participate:

1. If you have been a member of tPF for a minimum of 30 days AND
2. Have a post count of at least 1 post per day AND
3. Have a minimum of 250 posts that are unique contributions to the community (more than just having 250 posts that say ‘congrats’, etc.) AND
4. You have posted a picture on the forum within the previous 30 days and own a digital camera

How To Join:

1. Between November 1- 15 PM the following information to me:
a. Which Holiday Exchange Program You Are Joining (tPF-wide, Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton)
b. Mailing address including the name you would like package addressed to
c. Email address
d. Mailing preference (please indicate which countries you would ship to, or just say anywhere if you don’t care)
e. Will you be an Angel (An Angel is someone who is emailed in the event that someone does not fulfill their obligation and send out a gift…Angels send out a small $5-10 gift to make sure no one feels left out and that everyone gets a gift! You are not under any obligation to send a gift if you say you’ll be an Angel)

What Happens Next:

1. Within 24-48 hours of PMing me you will receive a confirmation PM from me
2. Within 48 hours of that confirmation you will receive an email from www.elfster.com. This is an online program that randomly assigns buddys and allows you to create wishlists and ask questions of your buddy!
3. You MUST confirm the invitation from Elfster to participate!
4. On 11/16/2007 you will receive an email from Elfster with your buddy’s name and a PM from me with your buddy’s mailing information
5. Then shop shop shop!!!!!

If you have any questions…please ask them in this thread or PM me.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
Thanks Sarah!!! My PM box is brimming with applications...definetly will be sitting down tonight to try to clear some of them away (I'm attempting to manage 3 of them this time LOL....but it should be easier since it is just one single gift)!

Reactions: Born4thjuly
Woohooo!!

Just to answer a couple questions for those who are new to these...

1. You can specify in Elfster your gender, religion/holiday observance, & any allergies you have. You can do this in your wishlist or under the 'Do not need' section!

2. You can participate in both this exchange as well as the tPF-wide exchange!

PM me anytime if you have any questions...or just ask here! I can't wait!!!!

wow great!! I want to join but i have less than 1 posting per day and only have a phone camera. I know its terrible that i don't have one but I use my phone for everything.

Enjoy everyone!!