Everyday minerals- not a fan?

DRSM

~*LV/Balenciaga*~
Jun 26, 2006
So i ordered a starter kit- i'm pretty new to mineral make up and have 2 bare mineral sets that i'm trying out...

i've worn it for the 3rd day today and it's definitely dried out my skin..which may be why it's a little itchy. I really don't want to keep using it though b/c i'm not trying to deal with breakouts..period!

I've done some research and it seems that everyday minerals is pretty popular among users and most people are satisfied with it.. the price is great (but i tend to worry when things are too cheap-like maybe they're not using quality ingrediants?)

So anyone have any issues with EM? if you love it, feel free to post as well..

i have been using it for about 3-4 months and it treats my skin good. i have combination skin though and i always use a moisturizer so it evens it out.

if it continues to dry your skin out, you can return it for your money back..

i hope it works out for you though

i have been using it for about 3-4 months and it treats my skin good. i have combination skin though and i always use a moisturizer so it evens it out.

if it continues to dry your skin out, you can return it for your money back..

i hope it works out for you though

oh ok.. i actually haven't received EM yet..i was commenting about bare minerals. I did buy it from sephora, so i will be returning it soon.

I'm glad to hear that EM is working for you.. it seems like most people only have good things to say about it...

I also ordered some samples from meow cosmetics... i figured i'd give 'em all a try while i'm at it!!

i think that BE makes a lot of people's skin itch-i know it definitely makes mine itch. i think it may be a combo of it drying your skin out and also your skin maybe not liking something that's in it-i unfortunately decided to give my BE another chance the other day, and it broke me out. so i'm back to my EM as my mineral foundation when i just want a natural look and want to run. i find that my skin looks and feels less dry if i just use the EM mineral foundation without the powder concealer-also, be sure to moisturize well, and a primer really helps!

I have ordered 2 free sample kits of EM and my opinion is that it's okay. I was using the L'Oreal mineral makeup, which kind of made my skin itch. The EM doesn't seem to last all day.

BE made my skin itch after awhile too so I stopped using it and switched to Laura Mercier mineral makeup. I also use her mineral primer and I really love both products. Haven't used EM so I can't comment on that.

BE made my skin breakouts like crazy on the dry areas, like my jaw, after using it for almost 3 years. I'm using EM and have had only 1 or 2 acne. The weather is changing and my skin started feeling dry, so I use an oil-free primer and it works. I've no complaints on EM so far.

I tried BE, and like many people have said, it made my face itch like crazy! I have no idea why it does that. The EM doesn't irritate my skin at all, and I get great coverage. I just received my full size kit yesterday, and I'm thrilled. I like the way the jars are made, and the Apple blush is wonderful. It's the perfect shade for my skin. So far, I have nothing but great things to say about EM.

BE makes my face itch when I get hot. I like the way it covers better than other mineral foundations, but it's too expensive IMO.

I didn't really like Em. I ordered the sample kit and every single color looked orange on me. The texture was nice, but I couldn't get past the oompa loompa face it gave me :nogood:

I like Lumiere the best. I wasn't completely sure about it, because it didn't seem like the coverage was that great. I wore it one night when friends were taking lots of pics and in every pic my skin looked perfect. I was impressed by that...

I've tried BE, but NONE of the colors matched my skin! It was too pink on me and the color selection was awful. I had to return it.

I'm using EM now and I LOVED it initially, but I feel like there has to be better mineral foundations out there. It feels good on the skin, but I still get breakouts from time to time. It also doesn't last all day, which is a huge gripe.

i like EM, i didn't get any itchiness on my face. it offered nice coverage for me, the only thing i didn't like was my face gets oily after a few hours. maybe try alima? it's also a great mineral makeup brand :smile: also are you putting moisturizer underneath it?

I've been using EM for quite awhile now, and I haven't had any bad reactions. I have oily skin so I don't have any dryness issues with any makeup. I like their foundations, blushes, and eyeshadows. I prefer to use Nars concealer (which is a cream formulation) as opposed to EM concealer because I need more opaque coverage and I don't like powder settling in to fine lines around the eyes.