Quotes That Will Make You Smile :)

MyLuckyCharm

Daydreamer
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
I'm not sure if this thread has already been posted before, but so be it! Yesterday I was feeling a little bit down in the dumps, and I came across some really uplifting quotes that made my day. I'd like to recapture that feeling again, in hopes that it just might be the remedy for another PFer who might need it as well. :heart: Spread the love around, and by ALL means feel free to contribute to the thread with quotes of your own that are pleasing to read. Enjoy ladies! :wlae:

“For every girl who is tired of acting weak when she is strong, there is a boy tired of appearing strong when he feels vulnerable.

For every boy who is burdened with the constant expectation of knowing everything, there is a girl tired of people not trusting her intelligence.

For every girl who is tired of being called over-sensitive, there is a boy who fears to be gentle, to weep.

For every boy for whom competition is the only way to prove his masculinity, there is a girl who is called unfeminine when she competes.

For every girl who throws out her E-Z-Bake oven, there is a boy who wishes to find one.

For every boy struggling not to let advertising dictate his desires, there is a girl facing the ad industry’s attacks on her self-esteem.

For every girl who takes a step toward her liberation, there is a boy who finds the way to freedom a little easier.” -Crimethinc

"Strangers are simply friends you haven't made yet." -Unknown

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand -- and melting like a snowflake. -- Marie Beyon Ray

A new friend is like new wine; when it has aged you will drink it with pleasure. -- Ecclesiastes 9:10

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

If you want to be successful, it's just this simple: Know what you're doing. Love what you're doing. And believe in what you're doing. -- Will Rogers

When you reach for the stars, you may not get one, but you won't come up with a hand full of mud, either." -- Leo Burnett

The future is simply infinite possibility waiting to happen. What it waits on is human imagination to crystallize its possibility. -- Leland Kaiser

The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself. -- Mark Caine

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Remove the rock from your shoe rather than learn to limp comfortably. -- Inneractions by Stephen C. Paul and Gary Max Collins.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; But remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. -Epicurus

Laughter is the closest distance between two people. -Victor Borge

Hope is a waking dream. -Aristotle

When I was younger, I could remember anything whether it had happened or not. -Mark Twain

Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. -John Updike.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees. -Kahlil Gibra. [SO true]

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. -David Viscott.

I believe that one of life's greatest risks is never daring to risk. -Oprah Winfrey

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quitely and safely insane every night of our lives. -William Dement

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” -Dr. Seuss

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -Dr.Seuss

They'll be quite a few Amy Lee quotes here.... but she just says the best things:

“Honestly I just wear what I like. You know why? 'Cause I can, I'm a rock star.” - Amy Lee (Evanescence)

“That's where I spent of lot of my high-school years-in the closet. It wasn't too cramped, but you do get really hot.” - Amy Lee (Evanescence)

"“I was always a drama queen. I remember playing in the kitchen, trying to get my mom to think I was dead and call the police. When she didn't, I would cry. I was always theatrical. I don't think any of my relatives are surprised.” - Amy Lee (Evanescence)

“If people make fun of you, it probably means you're doing something right.” - Amy Lee

"I know how it feels to be completely alone and helpless, and the last thing you want to hear in that situation is, 'It's going to be OK.' "The only thing that seems to really help is that someone else who has felt that low expressing those feelings to you." - Amy Lee

"I'm retarded and I'm on TV" - Amy Lee

"As a woman I feel offended because these artists portray women as people that can only do well in the world by selling their bodies. I'm determined to help prove that to be false" - Amy Lee
^I'm in love with that quote, I can think of several celebrities who do well because they sell their bodies.

"When you go through tragedy, you can either let that destroy you and you become bitter and never let it go, or you can let it make you stronger and let it make you grow. And that's what I did. My lyrics are coming from a place that I want people to relate to and feel that they're not alone" - Amy Lee

"It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think" - Amy Lee

"I don't want to ever be a quote-unquote rock star. I want to just be me." - Amy Lee

"Too bad you can't quote the look on my face." - Amy Lee

"If there's one thing I believe, is that I don't know anything and anything could happen." - Amy Lee

"Kiss my f*cking ass in D-Minor." - Amy Lee

"Don't be afraid of the shadows, it only means there's a light nearby." - Amy Lee

"Nobody's perfect. I'm perfectly flawed." - Amy Lee

"We're all fallen, but at the same time we're not broken. There is the hint that we are going to get up again." - Amy Lee

"I don't want to be Christina Aguilera. I want to be Amy Lee, rock queen - not sex queen." - Amy Lee

"Everyone on the bus can laugh at me, and I'll be like, 'Screw you guys: I look good!'" - Amy Lee

"Damn it feels good to be a hamster... NO! Don't put that on there I'm done, that's the end of my answer" - Amy Lee

"Theres nothing sexy about skin and Bone, Urgh, you gotta have some junk in the trunk" - Amy Lee

"If all we ever sang about was how happy we are, we would be lying to ourselves. People try to escape their problems by getting drunk, partying and dancing them away. What really heals me is to sit down and think, face the facts, then you can get over it and be happy" - Amy Lee

"Be yourself, Don't take anyone's sht and never let them take you alive" - Gerard Way
^Oh look a different person

And that should be the end.... don't worry I have more... I just think I've put too much there​

Thanks for all the great quotes. LuckyCharm, you're so right on those being uplifting on a bad day!

One of my favourites is:

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping". - Bo Derek

:roflmfao:

I'm really surprised that this thread didn't kick off. You would think that quotes would be just the perfect thing, huh? Well, here's some more for those who apreciate it. :smile:

"Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.
Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."

--- Marcel Morin
"True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess."

--- Louis Nizer​
"I'm not going to put lipstick on a caterpillar and call it a butterfly."
--- Bolton, on the weak attempts to revamp the United Nations, March 15, 2006. Right on!

WORDS OF WISDOM ABOUT LIFE:
1. No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission.

2. Most people will be about as happy, as they decide to be.
3. Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently.
4. Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.
5. Success stops when you do.
6. When your ship comes in make sure you are willing to unload it.
7. You will never "have it all together".
8. Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
9. The biggest lie on the planet: "When I get what I want I will be happy".
10. The best way to escape your problem is to solve it.
11. I've learned that ultimately , 'takers' lose and 'givers' win.
12. Life's precious moments don't have value, unless they are shared.
13. If you don't start, it's certain you won't arrive.
14. We often fear the thing we want the most.
15. He or she who laughs......lasts.
16. Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
17. Look for opportunities, not guarantees.
18. Life is what's coming, not what was.
19. Success is getting up one more time.
20. Now is the most interesting time of all.
21. When things go wrong, don't go with them.​

Never hold your farts in.
They travel up your spine, into your brain,
and that is where crappy ideas come from!
— Author unknown [via]
LMAO I thought that that one was hilarious!! ^ :nuts:

Thirty years from now, it won’t matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or the jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it.
— Author unknown
I have that quote posted up on my wall in my bedroom. :smile:

You should never doubt what you’re not sure about.
— Willy Wonka

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
— Mother Teresa [via]

I'm on a 30-day diet. So far, I've lost 15 days. -unknown

and to end this post on a good note...

SMILEÜ
because, life's too short to frown.

=]

This is not exactly a quote but more an inspiring poem that I have had framed and hangs on my wall now for over 15 years.

[FONT=&quot]Promise Yourself[/FONT]
:heart:
Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. To make all your friends feel that there is something in them. To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. To think only the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best. To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are your own. To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. To wear a cheery countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile. To give so much time to the improvements of yourself that you have to time to criticize others. To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Christian D. Larson

The Most Selfish One-Letter Word:
" I "
Avoid it.
The Most Satisfying Two-Letter Word:
" WE "
Use it.
The Most Poisonous Three-Letter Word:
" EGO "
Kill it.
The Most Used Four-Letter Word:
" LOVE "
Value it.
The Most Pleasing Five Letter Word:
" SMILE "
Keep it.
The Fastest Spreading Six-Letter Word:
" RUMOUR "
Ignore it.
The Hardest Working Seven Letter Word:
" SUCCESS "
Achieve it.
The Most Enviable Eight-Letter Word:
" JEALOUSY "
Distance it.
The Most Powerful Nine-Letter Word:
" KNOWLEDGE "
Acquire it.
The Most Essential Ten-Letter Word:
" CONFIDENCE "
Trust it.​

"You are who you are, there's nobody like you, and to try and be like someone else is just a lie." - Amy Lee

"I wanna see all your hands in the air, I don't care how stupid you think you look. Rock and roll is about looking stupid. I mean- look at me!" - Amy Lee (to the crowd at the Family Values tour)

["Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."]
-Kurt Cobain
Remember that for forever and for always. :] No matter how much you might not feel like it at the moment. No matter who tries to make you feel lowly for the person that you are. Because if you can't hold yourself up with a firm head on your shoulders, the essence of who you are starts to crumble.

BELIEVE in youeself------
confidence is the key!
To ACHIEVE your dreams
and be all you can be
set goals, work hard.
and SUCCEED drug free!............................

This is the motto that is used in our elementary school for the children to stay off drugs.

Aw, :heart: I love this thread!

"That which is essential is invisible to the eyes. One only sees well with the heart." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery (translated from the original French)