GyrlLayney's Lovin' Her Babies!!!

GyrlLayney

O.G.
May 31, 2007
Just wanted to share a family pic and some individual shots of my treasures:love: In addition to my beloved Coach and Kate Spade bags, this year I added some really wonderful couture bags (Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Choo) and accessories all purchased @ approx. 40-50% :yahoo:off retail from AR, NAP, Jomashop and the Dior Outlet...ALL THANKS TO tPF AND ITS MEMBERS!:tpfrox:

With the help of the BBBC :party:gals (see Money Talks subforum), I stopped an insane-bag-buying-frenzy on 6/28/07 and my bag ban lasted three months without buying a new bag! Around the end of 9/07 I used a PayPal refund (won a NAD claim for a terribly fake Betty from Ebay!) to buy a pre-loved Gaucho (so maybe that doesn't count and my ban's still going strong!) Anyhoo... without further ado...

DSCF0857-1.jpg

Lovely collection. The paddys look so soft and smoochy! Love the closeup of the mocha paddy, you are making me wanting one!:drool::drool:BTW, congrats on the purse ban, you are doing so well...I understand, because I am trying very hard to enforce one now:banned:, but the ladies here keep tempting me with great deals and bags.:tpfrox:

Lovely collection. The paddys look so soft and smoochy! Love the closeup of the mocha paddy, you are making me wanting one!:drool::drool:BTW, congrats on the purse ban, you are doing so well...I understand, because I am trying very hard to enforce one now, but the ladies here keep tempting me with great deals and bags.

Thanks, acshih! ;) I am soooo glad I hit my satiation point! I think we all go thru an initial buying :lol: frenzy-insanity:wacko:! But fortunately, I came to my senses (with huge help from BBBC Gals!!!) and I am soooo very contentedly blissfully overjoyed with what I have. I love and use and treasure every single one! Do you have a link to your collection?

Layney!! Beautiful, beautiful collection! I'm still lusting after that Jimmy Choo! I saw one on Overstock, and was considering getting it (I know, I know, breaking the ban) but when I went back it was GONE!!

5. My brown nappa leather and jacquard Fendi Spy with tortoise shell print handles and trim :nuts:. My Spy's wearing my beautiful handbag charm bracelet I bought at a neighbor's jewelry show :smile:

DSCF0885-1.jpg

Layney!! Beautiful, beautiful collection! I'm still lusting after that Jimmy Choo! I saw one on Overstock, and was considering getting it (I know, I know, breaking the ban) but when I went back it was GONE!!

Thanks Florasun! Thanks to tPFers...I was sooooo lucky I got mine during NAP's sale... for $700! :wlae: This bag is just incredible - now that I own it and LOVE it, I would seriously consider buying it full price if I hadn't splurged on all the others :shame: BUT now that I'm a full-fledged BBBC convert... hmmm... I'd have to save up my $5 dollar bills religiously for this one! I'd even resort to oatmeal and Ramen soup for 6 months for it!

6. My blanc cass pre-loved Christian Dior Gaucho double saddle shoulder bag
which arrived with a musty smell :s that bothered me BUT I researched tPF for ways to deodorize leather bags and decided to put this baby in quarantine: I stuffed it with 20 dryer sheets (Bounce in chamomile and lemon verbena ... mmm) AND also a new Citrus Magic disk (main ingredient charcoal) then sealed up in box for a week and VOILA! It worked! :yahoo:Woo hoo!!!

DSCF0869-1.jpg

blancgauchodblsaddle.jpg

Nice collection. The keychain is adorable.

Thanks! I love it! And when I'm not carrying my paddies or patsy bags, it's a constant reminder to me of my beloved Chloes because this keychain is right there next to keys which I use everyday. It really reminds me and lets anyone else know that handbags are my passion, sorta like a bumper sticker captures something about its driver, kwim?
It's on sale now in three colors - you can check the Sacoche Barain thread in the Chloe Shopping subforum :tup:

7. My beige Christian Dior Trotter Romantique small boston bag which I *modified* by surgically removing a tulle flower (so not me), which revealed a small round and flat stud. Since I have a little girl and a little boy, I found these cute baby shoe charms (NYC's Chinatown) and hung them on the stud! Now I love :love:this bag!!!

DSCF0870-1-1.jpg

Here's what it looked like before:

driortrotterromantiquebostonsmall.jpg

2007_05042007May0006.jpg