If you could choose one New York store....

Fred&Ginger

Mar 17, 2007
.....to visit for Balenciaga, for our trip the week before Xmas (for my birthday), which is the best?

We are staying in Manhattan, just a block away from the Empire State Building (I think).

And any other recommendations for sight seeing are warmly welcome!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

this is a difficult one. i'd say barneys for the service but balenciaga main store for the variety of choices. actually you should definitely go to the balenciaga main store to get a feel of the "cavern!"

Definitely the store, for the selection and product knowledge. Most of the Barney's SAs know little about the colors and styles, and BALNY probably won't be as busy as Madison Ave. during the holidays.:tup:

Definitely the store, for the selection and product knowledge. Most of the Barney's SAs know little about the colors and styles, and BALNY probably won't be as busy as Madison Ave. during the holidays.:tup:

Thanks for the advice pp100. I've just got to work out how to lose my partner, so I can go in on my own. He's oblivious to the cost of these bbag beauties!! And I'd prefer it to stay that way;)

in between bag shopping you might consider going to see
- the fabulous window displays - they're great
- the metropolitian museum of art christmas tree
- and of course rockefeller center
These may be 'classic' things to do but things I enjoy every year:yes:

in between bag shopping you might consider going to see
- the fabulous window displays - they're great
- the metropolitian museum of art christmas tree
- and of course rockefeller center
These may be 'classic' things to do but things I enjoy every year:yes:

Thanks amcf58 for your suggestions....had seen the rockefeller website and thought that would be a good place to go:tup: Will definitely be checking out the fab Xmas displays:yes:

Definitely go to the store, until I left home, that place used to be my hangout spot:P The interior design is super cool, and besides, you can't beat the flagship.

Otherwise, try either Barney's or Jefferey's.

There is not a NM in the City. The closest one to NYC is in Short Hills. Barneys might be more crowded, but, at least they have alot on display so you don't have to ask for every little thing and then you get to see things you wouldn't have thought to ask for. Other ideas? Chelsea Market on 9th Ave between 15th and 16th - Love that place!! Where else can you buy a cake that looks like a LV suitcase? Emeril is filmed there too, so, you may want to try to get tickets now. Have fun, there are TONS of things to see and do!!