Can someone please show me how to adjust the chain on the East/West please?

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Hopefully the one I got has the adjustable chain. I do have the clasp on the side that looks like an 8, but I can't figure out how to open it for the life of me. Maybe mine isn't adjustable? :hrmm:

*NEVERMIND I GOT IT Hahahaha! Took forever to figure out though haha. It's like a secret feature of the bag :lol:

*LOL*

I have that problem initially but finally figured out by myself...it's a little trick but it's not that difficult after u know it.

i'll try to describe it to you: (this is how it works on my bag)
if you hold the bag so that you are facing the front of it, open it up and inside on the left hand side where the chain ends, there is a clasp which looks like an oval with a stick in the middle. gentle pull the stick out and the clasp opens... you can then release the end of the chain and hook any part of the chain you like to the clasp so you can adjust its length

ok sorry if it sounds complicated. it's actually quite simple :yes:

Starbrite .. or someone else. Would it be possible for you to show pictures, how it's made and what it looks like when the chain is adjusted?

Hopefully my pics will help it make a little more clearer:

000_1882.jpg

000_183.jpg

jen2586, thank you so much for the explanation and thanks to Beautylicious for posting pics.

I asked my SA to show me how to adjust the chain on the East/West bag and she said it's not adjustable. :nuts: I kept insisting to her that I've heard many people say that the East/West bags are adjustable and she said she's never heard that before. I was kind of disappointed that I would have to use a ribbon to adjust it myself and then I found this thread! :yahoo:I ran upstairs to get my East/West out and adjust the chain. It was so simple! :woohoo:I cannot wait to show my SA this feature that she has not discovered in the 8 years that she's been working for Chanel.

Isn't it funny how PFers know more than SA's! :tup:

jen2586, thank you so much for the explanation and thanks to Beautylicious for posting pics.

I asked my SA to show me how to adjust the chain on the East/West bag and she said it's not adjustable. :nuts: I kept insisting to her that I've heard many people say that the East/West bags are adjustable and she said she's never heard that before. I was kind of disappointed that I would have to use a ribbon to adjust it myself and then I found this thread! :yahoo:I ran upstairs to get my East/West out and adjust the chain. It was so simple! :woohoo:I cannot wait to show my SA this feature that she has not discovered in the 8 years that she's been working for Chanel.

Isn't it funny how PFers know more than SA's! :tup:

It really is simple and it is such a great feature on the E/W flap!

Haha, that's funny, your SA will be very surprised when you show this to her! :supacool: