LV Limited Editions and Prototypes...

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
So...

I'm a Collector of Limited Edition LV's and it kind of sucks in a way because if you miss a bag that you really want. Well...then there really is no way of getting another one, unless you see if on being sold by a reputable reseller. Unfortunetly, no such luck for me!

I have been looking for a graffiti speedy for a long long long time now! I absolutely refuse to buy a regular speedy (because almost everyone in Vancouver has one!) so I came accross one that is apparently the prototype for the graffiti speedy. It is a speedy 25, unless i'm mistaken but wasn't the graffiti only made in the speedy 30? But the seller did say that it was a prototype. I'm not really familiar with prototype bags..I usually just buy the LE item from the LV store. The speedy was also signed at the bottom "the speedy is by Ellen Lewis", who is apparently one of the designers that helped design the bag. The graffiti writting all over the bag is also in gold. What do you guys think about prototype bags? I'm worried because it seems as though there is no way of authenticating a so called "prototype" bag...but the gold is really nice...what do you guys think?

Sounds awfully risky....
If you really want a limited edition graffiti speedy, they were made in the 30 version. I would not be comfortable buying a so-called prototype bag, because these bags are not usually released to anyone, they go to the LV Archives in Paris from what I have heard.

I know what you mean about missing out on LE. I missed out on Graffiti Alma PM. Since I'm skeptical buying from ebay, I don't think I'll ever have this bag.
I wouldn't take a risk on prototypes....for me, it's not worth having it if I'll doubt it's authenticity.

I know what you mean about missing out on LE. I missed out on Graffiti Alma PM. Since I'm skeptical buying from ebay, I don't think I'll ever have this bag.
I wouldn't take a risk on prototypes....for me, it's not worth having it if I'll doubt it's authenticity.

Yea, I guess i'll wait

I found the auction you're talking about and I don't believe it's a prototype. Anyone can take a Speedy and draw on it to make it look like it's from the graffiti line. It looks this person used a gold pilot pen to do the job. Maybe it's because I've had these pens in the past, so IMO it looks really obvious the "graffiti" is drawn onto a regular Speedy rather than silk-screened like they should be. Am I the only one who sees it?? :confused1:

2d5d_1.JPG

2db6_1.JPG

2e81_1.JPG

I found the auction you're talking about and I don't believe it's a prototype. Anyone can take a Speedy and draw on it to make it look like it's from the graffiti line. It looks this person used a gold pilot pen to do the job. Maybe it's because I've had these pens in the past, so IMO it looks really obvious the "graffiti" is drawn onto a regular Speedy rather than silk-screened like they should be. Am I the only one who sees it?? :confused1:

2d5d_1.JPG

2db6_1.JPG

2e81_1.JPG

I didn't even check ebay to check out the purse. Now that you've enclosed the pictures, all I can say is I SEE IT TOO! It's so obvious that it's written with a marker! :wtf:

I just checked out the auction on ebay and the date code states SD 0948. I very much doubt that they started the prototype for the graffiti line 3 years before it actually came out.

RUN!