Opinions on Purple Patent Bayswater?

orkneydaisy

viva glasvegas
O.G.
Aug 29, 2007
Hi,

I'm hoping to get the Purple Patent Bayswater in my stocking this Xmas and was just wanting some opinions, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts; is Patent Purple going to date REEEEALLY badly?!?! Purple is my favourite colour and I've been drooling over this bag for ages but I dont want to ask my OH to buy me something that wont last and look good for years to come. Other option is perhaps the mabel in midnight but it would be my "safe" choice and I dont love it the way I do the Purple Patent :crybaby:

I think if you really love the bag you should go for it, I'd imagine it will come in and out of fashion and if purple is your favourite colour then I'd imagine you will love it whether it is 'in' or not.

I agree with Mrs Spoon. If you really love it then dont opt for your 'second best' just because your worried about what everyone else might think in years to come... if you love it then wont you use it anyway, regardless of whether someone has declared it in/out of fashion?

I have just got this bag, and it is a stunning colour irl.

I wear alot of black in the winter, so this will really lift an outfit.

Its stunning, with a gorgeous purple suede flap interior too :smile:

Go for it if you can :biggrin:

I carried it around the shop for half an hour last saturday! :yahoo: I don't think I've explained myself very well; its not that I'm worried what other people will think of my bag - more that the Purple Patent looks fantastic to me now but in 6 months or a year maybe I just won't like it the same as its more of a trendy rather than one of the "classic" mulberries; kinda like a few years ago I wore my gypsy skirt, poncho or furry gillet with pride - now I wouldn't touch them, iykwim!

Maybe I;m just thinking about it too much, maybe Purple Patent will be the new Oak!:graucho:

I carried it around the shop for half an hour last saturday! :yahoo: I don't think I've explained myself very well; its not that I'm worried what other people will think of my bag - more that the Purple Patent looks fantastic to me now but in 6 months or a year maybe I just won't like it the same as its more of a trendy rather than one of the "classic" mulberries; kinda like a few years ago I wore my gypsy skirt, poncho or furry gillet with pride - now I wouldn't touch them, iykwim!

Maybe I;m just thinking about it too much, maybe Purple Patent will be the new Oak!:graucho:

I know what you mean (I had a poncho :roflmfao:), however I suppose it comes down to how much you love purple. I love red and had a notion for one of the red Bayswaters on e-Bay, if I had the funds I would have bought one because it is a classic bag in a colour that I like but if I was buying it and it was going to be my only bag, if I didn't have a neutral coloured bag or couldn't afford a neutral coloured bag as well as the red/purple one, then I wouldn't buy it because it wouldn't go with everything.

As Chloe-babe says it's a great winter colour.

If you love purple then I'm guessing you will have lots of items compatible with it already lurking in your wardrobe???

I had the same dilemma about the apple green, I adore green and wear a lot of earthy tones, several people tried to talk me out of it but I couldn't resist, and I was sooooo glad I got it! I use it all the time and big bonus....hardly ever see anyone else with it!

If I get a vote then I go 'buy it'! I'm sure you wont regret it! :jammin: