Do your H bags lose their appeal to you after wearing them a few times?

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
Is it just me or does anyone else not feel the same thrill wearing your new treasure after the first time or two? I have some that I have wanted so much, but after I have them for a relatively short time, I start to develop a taste for a different color, or a different style...

^No, not at all. What are you having 2nd thoughts about? (If you don't mind me asking). They are so classic, I'm never tire of them, do I want more, yeah sure ... :P

me! i'm having second third and fourth thoughts about my massai. very complicated as to why. some reasons are about the bag, some are about me.

OH, dear, no. I love them. But I have thought about them and agonized over them for so long before acquiring them.....I have never surprised myself with a bag while browsing at H....

That being said, there is always room for one more.:P

Sometimes when I change bags, I leave the empty on sitting on my shelf in my office for a few days, before putting it away....

They are just bags....but then again, they are much more than bags in some ways......

hi guys
an interesting question...well i have my birkin for 2 weeks now and the feeling it's getting more and more intence everytime i wear it. Although i'm already thinking about my next birkin. Do you feel less appealed by the look or is it the general feeling?
I think you should be proud of your bag every time you put it on...

Not yet! Well, my hands don't shake when I pick it up like they did the first time, but I'm still totally in love with my Bolide (and my Trim as well).

Sometimes I lust over something I see pictured here, especially things that fill a niche these two bags can't cover (the entire Kelly Pochette thread, for example!), but I haven't yet had a desire to replace them.

That has happened to me a several times...not only with bags but with lots of things I own. I have come to realize that I am the type who needs to live with something for a little while and then I know if it's me or not. For example, I knew Mr Rocker for 7 years before I dated him, 4 years before I got engaged, and 3 years before I finally married him!
I have lusted after many Hermes bags (scarves, bracelets, etc), finally get them and then find that they are just not me for some reason --either the skin, color or style is wrong. I used to beat myself up about it but now I am just resigend to knowing it is part of my strange personality. Oh well!

^^ I am that way as well Rockerchic. Unfortunately for my wallet, I don't know if I absolutely love and can live with something until I have it and use it for a bit. I've made plenty of mistakes and just chalk it up with getting to know myself. The same bag in different leathers is like a different planet and since we can't easily try everything on at any given boutique it makes the decisions hard for me.