Tomato GSH Day - Do you think it is thick & smooshy?

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Hi, I had been waitlisted for a tomato GSH day - I rec'd a pc from the store (it will remain nameless for now.) I was told that the leather was thick and smooshy. Please, honest opinions, do you think the leather looks thick and smooshy? I just want some opinions cause I feel like I'm crazy.
tomato.jpg

tomato1.jpg

tomato2.jpg

tomato3.jpg

tomato4.jpg

tomato5.jpg

tomato6.jpg

There is also a black pinpoint dot on the leather in the front. I'm not try to sell the bag as I can return the bag - just in case anyone thinks that I might be trying to sell it.

It looks like thick, smooth, chewy leather - my preference, it's the first of those I've seen irl pics of and I think it's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!! :love:

Congrats!!!

But why are you not happy with it? Do you feel it's not smooshy? I love it!!

The Tomato GSH Day is high on my lust list and I'm actually waitlisted for one myself. But I have to be honest with you, I've seen better leather. This one looks a little flat.

I have to agree with Deco on this one. But it's really difficult to tell from the photos. Can you get a shot of it hanging (and still in natural lighting). I find that my pics show the leather dimension better when in the hanging position rather than flat.

I'm trying not to say too much about what I specifically think because I didn't want to influence anyone's opinion. However, I guess that is silly - my opinion is clear because I posted this, and I'm not head over heels in love. I have a GSH violet work and a RH juane work, and I love both of them. I also have a lot of other bags, but right now I'll try to analyze based only on 07's. I love the leather on my GSH violet work and the RH juane work. The leather on the tomato - I just don't like it. It feels dry to the touch. I feel like if I rolled the leather around between my fingers, it could possibly crack. On the back, it looks so close to cracking - I'm not kidding. I'll give the bag another couple of days, but I'll probably return it. I was so anxious to receive the bag, but I now feel a little sick to my stomach. This is just not my idea of thick and smooshy. Perhaps if I conditioned it, then the leather would be more to my liking. But I have never put anything on any of my Bbags. I have a big box from LMB that I have never opened. I really have to do that one of these days!

Aww it doesn't look dry to me... perhaps because of the sheen?, just smooth and not veiny, which I prefer. But if the leather's crackly (even if it just looks like it might crack in the future and it's not just distressing) I'd take it back. No crackly leather please!

Lovelygarments... congrats on your new addition!!! I think the leather looks thick to me and over time it'll get squishy, I think the sheen is throwing the look off. It's definitely not think and crackly, it's a beautiful bag.. .reminds of red lipstick :P
I like it... my sister was actually looking into this combo.. :yes:

Hmmm, I think I would describe this bag as crunchy, based on the pics. Looks kind of dry and not thick or smooshy at all. When I think smooshy I picture the Cinnamon Day that has been hanging around;)

Ok, so maybe the leather is not the chewiest I've ever laid my eyes on, but the color is beautifully saturated, the silver looks heavenly on it, and I think it's a super gorgeous bag. I'm prancing around for one these combos in a part-time because this red with silver looks so gorgeous that I have to have one.