What are the chances these are from Shirise?

You know what girls....the best way to deal with this is to not bid or recomend them. At the end of the day if this seller wants to make a profit she is entitled to it...but make her work for it!!

no disrespect to you ****** if you are looking at this thread, but using this board to hear of great specials and then buying mutltiples to sell at full retail for a large profit in my opinion, though totally legal, is just bad for your reputation...

I really wanted a shrug...but I wont be bidding on these on principle.

just my 2c's worth
cheers
Al

Unfortunately, it appears as though we've become victims of our own *lust* for B-Bags, especially the older ones ... so that we seem to be paying premium prices. Mind you, the older / more rare colors are hard to find, but some of the prices and bids have really astounded me as of late.

It's not just on eBay though - in my opinion, the same thing happened on our own Marketplace (when it was 'open'). Folks would get their hands on a 'wanted' color/bag, and then ask a lot more for it (even though it was 'used'). As someone else stated in this thread, there's not much we can do about it except not to bid/purchase the bags (even though we :heart: them and want them). Maybe this way, we can get this bags down to a more "reasonable" price.

CeeJay said:
Unfortunately, it appears as though we've become victims of our own *lust* for B-Bags, especially the older ones ... so that we seem to be paying premium prices. Mind you, the older / more rare colors are hard to find, but some of the prices and bids have really astounded me as of late.

It's not just on eBay though - in my opinion, the same thing happened on our own Marketplace (when it was 'open'). Folks would get their hands on a 'wanted' color/bag, and then ask a lot more for it (even though it was 'used'). As someone else stated in this thread, there's not much we can do about it except not to bid/purchase the bags (even though we :heart: them and want them). Maybe this way, we can get this bags down to a more "reasonable" price.

Agree 100%. I did not realize ****** was a member...that is disappointing. Towards the end, the MP was just a frenzy of craziness. There were good transactions, but some pretty crazy ones too!

Ladies, I would have no problem lowering the price on these bags...I just never thought any of you would ever buy from me. If the supply is low and the demand is high, the market sets the price. If you watch my auctions, I ALWAYS lower my prices if items are not selling. My intent is not to overcharge from what people are willing to pay. I do have these listed below retail as well. The hook bag retails for $1295 - someone had commented I had it listed above retail, which is not true.

****** said:
Ladies, I would have no problem lowering the price on these bags...I just never thought any of you would ever buy from me. If the supply is low and the demand is high, the market sets the price. If you watch my auctions, I ALWAYS lower my prices if items are not selling. My intent is not to overcharge from what people are willing to pay. I do have these listed below retail as well. The hook bag retails for $1295 - someone had commented I had it listed above retail, which is not true.

I think the point, ******, was that the info about the sale was meant to benefit members who would love to buy these bags at a discount for their personal collections...not to buy multiples to sell on ebay.

tln said:
I think the point, ******, was that the info about the sale was meant to benefit members who would love to buy these bags at a discount for their personal collections...not to buy multiples to sell on ebay.

ITA! I would have loved to buy a Bbag on sale esp being a newbie. It would have been a wonderful way to build up a collection of handbags I would love and wear!

tln said:

I am on Sherise's e-mailing list, just like everyone else. I would have known about the sale whether it was mentioned on the forum or not. As a business...this is what I do-look for items that I can buy at a lower price than what I can sell them for.

****** said:
I am on Sherise's e-mailing list, just like everyone else. I would have known about the sale whether it was mentioned on the forum or not. As a business...this is what I do-look for items that I can buy at a lower price than what I can sell them for.

Except (I think) the email came out after I posted my thread and the bags were already gone. You had to have called very early the day after I posted. ******, I understand your business and that what you do is completely legal but I posted because I got a good deal and wanted others to share. I could have bought the whole lot and sold them on ebay or the MP but I didn't because it is not me and because I wanted others to get them at the price at which I got mine. This community especially in this subforum have become friends to me.

Again, you have done nothing wrong. I am just upset that you are part of this community and then would do this knowing others in the community wanted these bags.

Actually Chris from Sherise had originally contacted me directly regarding the 20% off, then they went to 50% off, as I had e-mailed him a week or so ago prior to sale to see when they would be running one. Just as he e-mailed me personally this week to let me know about a shoe sale that was coming. I only bought 3. I could have bought the whole stock as well. If there is someone from the PF that really wants one of these, they are welcome to it at the cost of the bag. I didn't realize members of the forum would take my purchase so seriously. Not my intent at all. Sorry you feel that way.

****** said:
Actually Chris from Sherise had originally contacted me directly regarding the 20% off, then they went to 50% off, as I had e-mailed him a week or so ago prior to sale to see when they would be running one. Just as he e-mailed me personally this week to let me know about a shoe sale that was coming. I only bought 3. I could have bought the whole stock as well. If there is someone from the PF that really wants one of these, they are welcome to it at the cost of the bag. I didn't realize members of the forum would take my purchase so seriously. Not my intent at all. Sorry you feel that way.

The bags were on sale all day Friday (way before I bought mine) and no one got them. I didn't get mine earlier in the day or post earlier in the day because I was out of town so could not get to the store so if you purchased yours Saturday, then it was likely because of my post (you could not have known about the 50% but for my post). I appreciate what you are saying/doing but also appreciate that people here generally help each other. If you knew of the sale before the others, why did you not tell us? Also, why post on this board only to defend yourself? I don't understand.

I don't want to argue with you. The point is that I was upset because I wanted others to get the bags.

I would be happy to post on this board to help others...I just didn't think that anyone would ever listen to anything I had to say (nor want to hear what I had to say) after that horrible thread about me. I don't want to get into that again, so let's just leave it that. I will try to make a positive contribution where appropriate in the future.

well ppl do want profit n I guess, once they find out about a sale or something, they r like vultures who want to make sure they could profit of it.. n to be honest, nothing really wrong with that coz it is part of business as well...