Canceling bids-- help! Should I??

Mar 26, 2007
Okay, so I'm selling a bag on ebay. A nice bag.

And someone keeps outbidding everyone-- someone with ZERO feedback, who WILL NOT respond to my emails and attempts at contacting them to verify who they are. This makes me nervous!

Should I cancel the person's bids? I've tried to get in touch with them for 2 days-- during which they have been bidding but not answering my messages.

TIA~ :flowers:

If they haven't contacted you even though you tried ... I'd cancel their bids :yes: .... sounds like a troublemaker, if she has time to bid she should have a minute to verify her intentions

YES, YES, YES. The red warning flag is waving itself vigorously, block that bidder.

They keep out bidding on your auction but don't respond to your emails- very dodgy. If you block them and they are legitimate, and there is a reason they didn't answer you, the act of blocking them will get them to contact you soon enough.

Good luck x

Okay! I did it. You think I should block them, too? Canceling the bid isn't enough to get the point across? LOL. Geesh, who does this girl think she is?? I really need to sell this bag to add to my H fund, and the thought of someone trying to screw me over makes me mad! Why do people do that??

Yep, cancel them....I just went through the same thing and lost money in fees and then the next highbidder ignored the second chance offer, so I had to relist it again.

If they haven't responded to your emails then block them.

Okay! I did it. You think I should block them, too? Canceling the bid isn't enough to get the point across? LOL. Geesh, who does this girl think she is?? I really need to sell this bag to add to my H fund, and the thought of someone trying to screw me over makes me mad! Why do people do that??

I would block them too. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and bid, even last minute so you cannot cancel it.

Just to throw this out there...it is possible that the bidder placed a max bid and that is why they keep "outbdding" others. Just a suggestion... The bid could have been placed and the bidder has not logged in since. How many days are left in the auction? Maybe they placed a high max bid knowing they were going to be away for a few days...:s

I know that I have done this if there is something that I want and I might not be around for a few days...not sure since can't see the auction if they are auto bids or actual bids but just a thought...

I always block newbies that dont get back to me! I had someone like this bid on loads of my items, small increments at a time and I was worried it may look like a shill bidder so i cancelled!

I would cancel and block that bidder. Just be careful if she creates another id and places her bid in the last seconds. I'd suggest you monitor your listing when it is close to the end.

Just to throw this out there...it is possible that the bidder placed a max bid and that is why they keep "outbdding" others. Just a suggestion... The bid could have been placed and the bidder has not logged in since. How many days are left in the auction? Maybe they placed a high max bid knowing they were going to be away for a few days...:s

I know that I have done this if there is something that I want and I might not be around for a few days...not sure since can't see the auction if they are auto bids or actual bids but just a thought...

good point.. if they are constantly staying on top, they could've put in a high bid. how long is left in the auction sarah?

"Originally Posted by forenfinal
Just to throw this out there...it is possible that the bidder placed a max bid and that is why they keep "outbdding" others. Just a suggestion... The bid could have been placed and the bidder has not logged in since. How many days are left in the auction? Maybe they placed a high max bid knowing they were going to be away for a few days..."

If this bidder had put in a high bid, the date & time of the bid doesn't change, so check the date & time. If it has changed with every bid, this bidder is trouble.

Block them!
Good luck!