Chloe Calf Leather vs. Chloe Goat Leather....

Equalizer

O.G.
Jun 26, 2007
I am interested in the Chloe Betty hobo, and there are 2 on Diabro.net. Both are exactly the same except for the type of leather. One is Calfskin, and one is Goatskin. I contacted Customer Service, and they confirmed that.

As if life is not difficult enough....Diabro is in Japan, and does not have a liberal return policy, so I want to pretty much feel good about what I am ordering, as this bag is hard to find.

If anyone can possibly give me a clue as to the differences in these 2 types of leather, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a current or past "Goatskin" Chloe bag, it would be greatly appreciated as well. I pretty much know the entire Chloe line, so that would shed some light....

Thank you in advance!

I have not felt a goatskin Chloe, but I did feel a calfskin Bay hobo and it was the softest leather I have ever felt. I don't know how fragile calfskin is though - that might be something to think about. That is interesting that they do the Bay in two different types of leather. The one I felt was non-quilted.

I am interested in the Chloe Betty hobo, and there are 2 on Diabro.net. Both are exactly the same except for the type of leather. One is Calfskin, and one is Goatskin. I contacted Customer Service, and they confirmed that.

As if life is not difficult enough....Diabro is in Japan, and does not have a liberal return policy, so I want to pretty much feel good about what I am ordering, as this bag is hard to find.

If anyone can possibly give me a clue as to the differences in these 2 types of leather, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a current or past "Goatskin" Chloe bag, it would be greatly appreciated as well. I pretty much know the entire Chloe line, so that would shed some light....

Thank you in advance!

I think that someone posted in one of the other forums that the older Molly style is made of goatskin.

I don't have any experience with the Betty, but have you considered giving Chloe in NY a call to see what the difference might be? In my experience, goatskin can be softer and lighter than calfskin...

Wow! Well, in that case, it is entirely possible that I actually felt the goatskin. It was light, soft and wrinkly to the touch. :yes:

Well, I can't speak for Chloe's goatskin (leather and processing methods vary, blah, blah, blah), but I have a goatskin Rafe that is fabulously soft, light and slouchy, so I was basing my comment on that.

BTW, kellykapoor, congrats on your Large Front-Pocket Paddy! Great deal!:tup: