Lily Satchel.... do i dare return it?

pursegal

Apr 24, 2006
I am just not as happy w/ it as I was in the beginning - its just so heavy..... i might return it....sad...i have never returned one of my bags - can i do this if i bought it 2 weeks ago?

As long as you haven't used it and you have the receipt, you should be able to return it. It is a gorgeous bag, but if it isn't right for your lifestyle, then take it back and choose something that better fits your needs.

I hope it all works out for you!

As long as you haven't used it and you have the receipt, you should be able to return it. It is a gorgeous bag, but if it isn't right for your lifestyle, then take it back and choose something that better fits your needs.

I hope it all works out for you!

I think I am stuck w/ her - I have used it twice - oh well... it is a very nice bag, but she is very cumbersome......

I'm kind of having the same issues...I love my Lily, but it's so big, and usually that doesn't bother me...all my bags are huge! But she's in a league of her own. I considered listing her on Ebay yesterday, but then I got home and saw her sitting on my closet shelf and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :rolleyes:

I did the same thing. I literally lusted after this bag since it came out, talked about it constantly, saved up a bunch of money for it, fondled it at the Coach store. It got delivered to my house and I was just blah about it! Unbelievable! So, I returned it. I felt bad about it but there was no way it was going to be worth that much money if I didn't use it much. Definitely return it if it's not for you!

Are you ladies carrying too much in your bag that makes it heavier than what you're generally used to, or is it just the size?

If either of you have the Atlantic color, that might sell close to or at retail on eBay. The black & whiskey Lilys that I've seen on eBay have only sold for $700, and up. However, I did see one black go for $1099.99, Buy It Now.

Take your time to reconsider, and maybe only wear her 3-4 times a week.

I'm enjoying mine, I'd hate for you to loose too much money. Good Luck

Are you ladies carrying too much in your bag that makes it heavier than what you're generally used to, or is it just the size?

If either of you have the Atlantic color, that might sell close to or at retail on eBay. The black & whiskey Lilys that I've seen on eBay have only sold for $700, and up. However, I did see one black go for $1099.99, Buy It Now.

Take your time to reconsider, and maybe only wear her 3-4 times a week.

I'm enjoying mine, I'd hate for you to loose too much money. Good Luck

I'm carrying my normal amount of stuff that I would in any of my other bags so I don't think that's the issue for me. She's just sooooo HUGE! I went shopping on Saturday morning and I had her sitting in the basket in the bottom of my son's stroller and the bag literally took up the entire basket!!! I just don't think I can bear to part with it though!!

I'm carrying my normal amount of stuff that I would in any of my other bags so I don't think that's the issue for me. She's just sooooo HUGE! I went shopping on Saturday morning and I had her sitting in the basket in the bottom of my son's stroller and the bag literally took up the entire basket!!! I just don't think I can bear to part with it though!!

Is it possible for you to keep this bag for special occasions or when you go out with friends/DH, etc? Maybe you need a different every day bag and then keep Lily for when you're dressed up, stroller-free and ready to hit the town!:smile:

Are you looking for a legacy bag for everyday or something else?

Is it possible for you to keep this bag for special occasions or when you go out with friends/DH, etc? Maybe you need a different every day bag and then keep Lily for when you're dressed up, stroller-free and ready to hit the town!:smile:

Are you looking for a legacy bag for everyday or something else?

I generally like my bags to be for everyday use...I know I'll end up keeping the bag...I get really sad when I think of selling it! :hrmm:

I think it kind of depends, coach wants you to be happy, and you should be happy, but if you have really used it, then o bviously you will have to sell it.. if you just put your things in it and carried it around a place or two and didn't do much with it, I think you should be fine to return it.. they don't care about the packaging materials.. only you know if it is truly used too much or not. Good luck! :tup:

no, its just a really heavy bag - i get sad thinking of returning too - its such a beautiful bag...

I am surprised they are not going for more monies, given you cant order them right now again.... i will probably keep her - but I think i will be buying the 2006 black legacy satchel soon.... i am on the hunt....