How To Get Scratches Out Of Glasses???

I'm so mad at myself, I accidentally scratched my prescription Chanel eyeglasses with a paper clip. Is there any way or anything I can do to remove the scratch? It feels kind of deep, but I'm not really sure how bad the damage is. They cost me a fortune with insurance, but unfortunately I don't have eye vision insurance right now, so replacing the lens will cost me a very fine penny. Any suggestions?

**Also, I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it belongs somewhere else, can a mod please move. Thanks. :smile:

Can you take it to the place you bought it from and see if they could possibly buff the scratch out? If you have the lenses that turn in to sunglasses when you go outside--I doubt anything will fix that.
Good luck.
I lost my Chanel perscriptions glasses........now I need to buy a new pair but will get a eye exam first. It is horrible when you pay so much money for glasses and then have a little thing mess them up. I gave a relative my other glasses to fix the screw (because I couldn't see) and they scratched the lenses with the eyeglass screw driver (UGH)....so now I can't wear them.

I used to be an Optician years ago..
If the frame is optical quality, which I am sure they are.. There are several places you can go to that are inexpensive to just get new lenses made..But they will need your frame, some will make you sign a waiver in case they break then they are not at fault.
What color is the tint? is it real dark? is the scratch a light one?can you fill it in with a sharpie? Is the tint just scratched or the whole lens? I know how to lighten lenses, but not darken them.

I used to be an Optician years ago..
If the frame is optical quality, which I am sure they are.. There are several places you can go to that are inexpensive to just get new lenses made..But they will need your frame, some will make you sign a waiver in case they break then they are not at fault.
What color is the tint? is it real dark? is the scratch a light one?can you fill it in with a sharpie? Is the tint just scratched or the whole lens? I know how to lighten lenses, but not darken them.

I was thinking about going to my optometrist to see if they can do anything about it, but I've been busy at work all week. My glasses are eyeglasses and not sunglasses so I don't think I can fill in the scratch with a sharpie. :sad:

^ Sorry this is OT, but I am now convinced you can use sharpies for anything... My cousin worked for a very ritzy car detailing place when he was in HS and he told me they had sharpies in every color for filling in scratches on cars. People would bring in Porsches with a scratch and they would wash it, color it in with a sharpie and just wax over it. The people paid gobs of money for "scratch repair" and they had no idea!!!:wtf:

Anyway, sorry about your glasses. I think you should just take them back to where you got them and see if they can help...

true..when peoples warranty expired on their lenses and the scratch wasnt in the field of vision..sharpie worked!
I have used them to fill in shoes,my jeans in a pinch if there was a white mark. I mean its amazing what these buggers are good for!