Red classic being released

aprilvalentine

I Love DC
Nov 12, 2006
Sorry if this is old news. I just spoke to a Chanel 800 number rep and apparently there is a red classic flap coming out with the older style chain. He said the boutiques did not buy it, but maybe some of the department stores did. It's a different red then last year's (the color code is different). The color number is 91663 (last season's red was 81643).
Hope this helps someone, I know a lot of TPFers are still looking for red.

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

91663 is the same color code for the 2005 Dark Red (IIRC from fall '05, more of a darker/bordeaux shade).

There were 3 red's released in 2005 (don't ask me how I saved all this info....I'm addicted to the color red and saved all this in my email):

2005 91663 dark red
2005 81448 red
2005 91759 red (continuum of 2003 colour)

^ I got this color code for the dark red from the Spring 2008 thread: 81540, so it's probably not the same as the one that April mentioned....

There's still hope, yeah! :yahoo:

Sorry if this is old news. I just spoke to a Chanel 800 number rep and apparently there is a red classic flap coming out with the older style chain. He said the boutiques did not buy it, but maybe some of the department stores did. It's a different red then last year's (the color code is different). The color number is 91663 (last season's red was 81643).
Hope this helps someone, I know a lot of TPFers are still looking for red.

I'm really surprised that the boutiques did not buy it, knowing how everyone loves the reds. Come to think of it a SA in the UK Chanel also told me that a red was coming out this season and put my name down on a waitlist, but in the end it never materialised. Keep everyone posted if you do spot the classic red flaps.:tup:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what shade of red it is.
It's definately not the reissue, but the large (not jumbo) classic flap. That's not to say it won't come in jumbo though.
I didn't ask about the hardware color. I just know it's not the bijou chain (sorry).
I don't know if it's caviar or lambskin either (sorry again).
I called and asked what colors the large classic would come in and he said "white, black, beige, red, blah, blah, blah" I say the blah's b/c after he said red I was like "wait! did you say red?" and didn't hear anything else. I was hoping for an electric blue, but it's not happening. I was excited for the ladies still looking for red though. I didn't ask any other questions though, b/c my toddler was in the background chanting "spongebob, spongebob, spongebob!"

I'm sorry, but I don't know what shade of red it is.
It's definately not the reissue, but the large (not jumbo) classic flap. That's not to say it won't come in jumbo though.
I didn't ask about the hardware color. I just know it's not the bijou chain (sorry).
I don't know if it's caviar or lambskin either (sorry again).
I called and asked what colors the large classic would come in and he said "white, black, beige, red, blah, blah, blah" I say the blah's b/c after he said red I was like "wait! did you say red?" and didn't hear anything else. I was hoping for an electric blue, but it's not happening. I was excited for the ladies still looking for red though. I didn't ask any other questions though, b/c my toddler was in the background chanting "spongebob, spongebob, spongebob!"

thats hilarious about your toddler chanting "spongebob" heehee, so cute, I could just imagine that as you're trying to get info about colored flpas from Chanel heehee

electric blue would be so hot!!!