Walter Matthau gave his wife this, now it is on Ebay

Intersting. Carol Saroyan Matthau was the inspiration for the character Holly Golightly.
I just looked at the listing and I think the Hermes stamp is missing the s? Or maybe i need a magnifying glass?

It's a market bag and the bin is higher than the retail price of the bag if it were new in the store. I saw one last year for $2400 if memory serves. Although, this one comes with its own celebrity history behind it.

^^Yes. I only saw it once last year. Although a really knowledgeable SA once told me it is actually a discontinued model. However, H is known to send out discontinued models to the stores on occasion. Now I don't know if they were SOs that were not picked up or whether a craftsman got bored one day and decided to try something different, but bottom line is it's rare.

^^^
Seriously. A different one just sold for like $400 the other day. I got outbid on it by like a buck and was furious.

And not for nothing but there are like 47 mistakes in that listing. I don't trust sloppy sellers. :tdown: