Should I go through with this sale???

skigirl73

Jun 20, 2007
This is a little long, so I apologize ahead of time...

I have been communicating back and forth via email with someone who is selling her LV Lockit Miroir on Craig's List since Saturday. On Sunday we agreed on a price, which was $100 lower than what she was asking. She sent me additional pics and a copy of the receipt and everything was good to go. She did tell me that she was out of town in Houston(I'm in Denver) for work for a few weeks and said that she brought the bag with her and could ship it to me. She told me this during the picture exchanging and price negotiation, so I didn't think anything of it. The additional photos were taken while she was supposedly in Houston. So the last email I get from her Sunday is that she would rather ship it UPS because she gets a small discount from them.(I had mentioned Fed Ex and USPS w/insurance in a previous email to her) Somewhere in the middle of all this she mentions that she did get an offer for her asking price, but that the person wanted to wait until she was back in Colorado, which is 3 weeks from now. She said she wanted to sell the bag ASAP, so she'd rather take $100 less and ship it to me. She also wanted a USPS money order, which I had agreed to send to her either today or tomorrow because I needed to transfer some money out of savings. I responded to her last email on Sunday that UPS was fine and to send me the address she wanted the money order sent to. I haven't heard back from her and just for the heck of it I looked at the Houston Craig's List and guess what was listed on there today? So I sent her an email just asking if she had changed her mind about selling the bag to me. I didn't mention seeing her new listing for it.

If she does wind up emailing me back, should I still buy the bag? I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it and maybe I'm better off not buying it. Either she's trying to get more money for it, or she's is trying to scam me. I originally asked her if she would take a PayPal payment or a Google Checkout payment, and she claimed not to have an account with either. I didn't push it, but Google Checkout takes 2 minutes to sign up for. Cash is pretty typical with Craig's List, but since she was going to have to ship it to me I kind of understood the money order thing. Anyway, any advice if she does finally respond to my email? I'm thinking I should pass on this one. She paid $1650+tax for the bag in July and I thought we had agreed on $1400, which I didn't think was unfair. I know it's a limited edition, but she did use it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Sorry this is so long!

TIA!

Vicki :yes:

Im wondering why she would post another listing if she was going to sell it to you if she didn't want to sell why didn't she just tell you since you both had open communication. Maybe she didn't think you would look it up and she is doing a scam?!
You also have a bad feeling
I would pass on it it's only a $200 differance and she used it why risk losing your money you are not protected
It may be a limited edition bag but im sure you can find it on ebay from a buyer who has good fb and you can pay with paypal

Im wondering why she would post another listing if she was going to sell it to you if she didn't want to sell why didn't she just tell you since you both had open communication. Maybe she didn't think you would look it up and she is doing a scam?!
You also have a bad feeling
I would pass on it it's only a $200 differance and she used it why risk losing your money you are not protected
It may be a limited edition bag but im sure you can find it on ebay from a buyer who has good fb and you can pay with paypal

That's the part I don't get. She could have just said she wanted $1500 for it. Maybe she's just wishy washy. Either way if she contacts me now I'm really hesitant to go through with it.

I would go with my gut. If you have a bad feeling, it's there for a reason. Plus, I've heard bad things about paying with a money order... what if she cashes it and never sends you the bag? Best of luck, either way!

I'd be careful when spending this much and not using PayPal. It's a good idea to have protection, especially if you're not 100% sure you can trust the seller. I would try to find it somewhere else, even if you have to pay a bit more. At least it will ensure you, both with PayPal, and the person's reputation.

It's probably fake and they have a couple of them that's why tehre are more ads.

I wouldn't send a money order. Only paypal is teh only way you are protected... I wouldn't go through with it. It sounds fishy.

Did you get the bag authenticated?

It's probably fake and they have a couple of them that's why tehre are more ads.

I wouldn't send a money order. Only paypal is teh only way you are protected... I wouldn't go through with it. It sounds fishy.

Did you get the bag authenticated?

The pics she sent were of an authentic bag and now she's changed some of them around on her new listing. But I'm pretty sure it's the same bag. Whether or not she would actually send me the real bag is a different story... I would feel better if it went through PayPal or even Google Checkout.

If you've got $1400 already why not wait that little bit longer to get the $200 for a brand new one? It's not like it's half price.
My answer to buying with a money order from Craigs List is do you have the money to lose? Because you will have absolutely no way of getting it back if it doesn't work out.

If you've got $1400 already why not wait that little bit longer to get the $200 for a brand new one? It's not like it's half price.
My answer to buying with a money order from Craigs List is do you have the money to lose? Because you will have absolutely no way of getting it back if it doesn't work out.

This particular bag is not available anymore, and honestly, I was going to buy it from her for $1400 and then sell it on Ebay because it looks like they are selling for what she paid for it and sometimes more. I think I'm better off having not bought it. She's either a scammer or she's playing games trying to now see if she can get more money for it. All she had to do was tell me that her price was firm. So now if I do hear from her again, I will definitely not be buying it. I recently bought an LV cerises speedy from Craig's List, but I was able to not only have it authenticated here, but the seller was in town and I went to see the bag before I bought it. Oh, and I definitely do not have $1400 to lose.

Ok, so right after my last post this email comes through...

"Hi Vicki,

I have not changed my mind. I got hit with a sinus infection pretty bad yesterday morning and have not left my bed much. I'm trying to get in to see a doctor but so far no luck - hopefully tomorrow. I have a temporary address while I'm here where I get my mail, but the paper I wrote it on is at work. I had planned to go back there this afternoon but didn't have the strength to make it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can with that address. Thank you for your patience!"

Yet she did have the strength to list her bag out in Houston where she is at now. Ya, I think this one is definitely a no go. It's been over 3 days and she can't even send me the address where she is staying? Come on!

I just went looking for that listing and think I found it ... it's the only one for a Miroir Lockit at CL Houston right now, right?

I wouldn't go through with as I have a very strong feeling that the pictures in that listing are stolen. See that little cam symbol in the lower right corner? That usually means eBay pic :Push: