The BLAKE is a heavy bag? Anyone else feel that way???

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi ladies, I am in the midst of some drama with the seller of my first Blake (that's another looong story).I have two small MP's, which work great for me and I am used to them, but I just bought my first Blake because I absolutely love the style. The bag has some issues and I am debating whether to return it to the seller anyway. I am kindof surprised at how HEAVY this bag is! I guess because it has so many comaprtments all lined in suede. Does anyone else feel this way?
I actually have a torn rotator cuff on the left shoulder and am going to have to have surgery, so I have to always carry my bags on my right shoulder (which I think is getting tired). I am finding it difficult, awkward, and heavy to carry.
Any suggestions on a lighter MJ Collection bag, besides the MP? I may just be destined to be the MP girl!!!
:sad:

You know, I was at NM on Saturday and I was really surprised at how light the Christy is. Here is a link in case the style doesn't trigger.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...ter2Type=&filter2Value=&filterOverride=&sort=

I just started wearing my large MP and I feel your pain. I don't think I have carried a heavier bag, but I love it anyway.

Oh, yeah, I love the Christy. :yes:
It is my favorite style out there right now. It is just not in my price range, and I have not seen one on eBay yet.

I think after having a Stam I just put my case to rest which is, all MJ bags are heavy.

I think you are probably right, aside from the small MP's which I can barely tell I am carrying because they are so comfy.
I am not sure I can hang with the Blake, which is a shame because I absolutely LOOOOVE it!
Oh, well.
Now I need a small black MP.
Back to square one.....
:rolleyes:

Aw, that's a shame cause it's a beautiful bag... I used to have one but not really my style. I don't know exactly why but maybe someday, I'll get one again.

I love small mp. It's very comfy and multi-functional! Though I ended up wearing my large one more. Tough choice :sad:

Oh yeah Blakes are heavy!!!!!! I have two...they are the heaviest I own...but I love..so it's worth it..I rotate though often so I won't get neck pain which HAS happened lol!!!

the blake isn't too heavy for me unless i carry my magazines around with me for the long subway rides. then again, i'm used to heavy bags at this point(stam, venetia, stella, hudson, etc.). the ones lined with suede are the worst, but they're my favorite. :biggrin:

i'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but at least you still have your small mp's to fall back on, which you love!

I agree the Blake is a heavy bag but I don't think it's any heavier than most of the MJ bags. As far as light bags go I was going to say the Christy (sp?) too. It has minimal compartments and hardware. Nordstrom had them in sale in black for the anniversary sale but I don't really see them on Ebay.

I haven't seen it IRL but I think the Sophie would be light too since it's similar to the Christi. I see those on Ebay since it's an older style.

I think you are probably right, aside from the small MP's which I can barely tell I am carrying because they are so comfy.
I am not sure I can hang with the Blake, which is a shame because I absolutely LOOOOVE it!
Oh, well.
Now I need a small black MP.
Back to square one.....
:rolleyes:

That's exactly why I love the small MP's. I have other styles, but I always default to the small MP's because it's so easy to carry.