wedding advice needed:which look is more formal for a chanel flap?

msjenn

The love of my life!
O.G.
Mar 24, 2007
hey ladies
i have a wedding this weekend to attend and I had a question about wearing a chanel flap bag. i have a "hybrid" black flap from this season which i am pairing with a nice black bcbg dress for the wedding.

my question is, does the chanel flap look more formal when worn long, with a single strap or shorter, with a double flap, so it's just under my arms? I am thinking that the shorter style makes it seem more casual than the longer single strap??

what do you think ladies??

Attachments

• chanel.JPG
    chanel.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 138
I've also seen models carrying them in hand like a clutch with the chains shortened, but I would think over the shoulder is more easy, leaves the hands free. (I love the medium flaps -- they transition so well,for any occasion.)

Enjoy the wedding!!!

^^
I agree with sammix3. Doesn't wearing it longer look messenger-style and thus more casual? But that's just my opinion.

For pairing with dresses in a more formal occasion - I prefer wearing it doublestrapped over the shoulder.

Either way though - you'll look fab and I hope you have a great time at the wedding!

ITA. :smile: I know some vintage Chanel bags already have a longer strap, but I really think the classic flap looks most elegant when it's worn with both straps at the same length, just under the arm. :smile: One strap to me is actually more casual... IMO, someone who wants wear the flap messenger style or give off a casual vibe by letting the flap hit their hip, etc. is what I think of with one strap. Alternatively, you can just carry it as a clutch with the straps tucked inside, but that might be a pain to do the for whole night haha... so double strap it (IMO)! :P Have a great time at the wedding!!

i actually think that wearing it double strapped on your shoulders would look the most formal.. that's just my opinion though..