Goach Explosion!

seamusmom

Mar 2, 2007
I don't know what's happening, but the past few weeks I've been seeing so many fakes it's making my head hurt. Everywhere I go, the mall, target, restaurants, etc.. And they are usually in packs. Today I saw two women together, one with what was supposed to be a Mandy and the other with a fairly decent watercolor stripe knockoff. It's like a Goach superstore opened or something. My husband thinks I'm crazy for getting so worked up about it. My feeling is, we spend so much money on Coach and it's a status symbol we work hard to be able to have. I take great pride in my handbags and it just cheapens it when you see some gross knockoff because a lot of people can't tell the difference between the real and fake. Sorry for the long rant! Does anyone else get this angry when they see a Goach?

I don't get angry. But I certainly point it out to my husband and daughter. I bet some people bought the purses off Ebay or Craigslist without doing their homework and have no idea. But it is sad they are trying to pass off quality with a cheap-o bag.

Recently I was at the mall with my Hamptons Signature Python Stripe tote (the one from last fall) and this loud mouthed 20something girl commented on my bag and told her friend "Look it's just like mine!" Then she asked me where I got it and when I said "The Coach store" she looked at me like I was crazy. After seeing the look on her face, I had to ask her "Where did you get yours?" and she said "Oh, in New York". :hrmm:

I have been flat out ASKED if my coach was a fake, talk about offensive! If someone cannot do the research to find out the difference between real and fakes, they should not be asking me if it is real or not!

Goach... That's funny.

But I know, I'm saving up to buy my first LV (can't get any Coach in the Netherlands :crybaby:) and fakes are freaking me out! Especially b/c I'm quite young and I just know people will think my LV will be fake.

I see tons of them where I live too. The thing that bothers me even more is when the owner of the fake, who knows it's a fake, insists that it's real.

My daughter's Girl Scout troop leader has an awful fake that she paid a lot for, and her daughter also has two fakes. They bought them at the local flea market. The guy who sells the fakes has been charged with selling fakes and there have been numerous front page new articles about the fakes sold at the flea market, one article she had even pointed out to me. She insists that her ugly bag is a real Coach, with her starting the conversation. I think it makes you look worse for lying about it.

I have another girlfriend that has a really good fake, and she never says it's real if asked.

I don't agree with the fakes, and it hurts my eyes to see the fugly ones out there.

I forgot to add that my daughter has names for the different fake Coaches.
You have your Foach (Fake Coach), the purses that are trying to be Coaches that have C's.

Oach's, O's not C's.

Goach, G's not C's.

She has one or two more, but I can't think of them now.

I have been flat out ASKED if my coach was a fake, talk about offensive! If someone cannot do the research to find out the difference between real and fakes, they should not be asking me if it is real or not!
That has happened to me before, but with my Tokidoki bag, a girl in my dance class asked me if I got it on Canal Street, and if it was real!:wtf:

I see fakes everywhere, so I'm used to it. I saw a really... interesting fake Carly last week when I was going into Manhattan, a woman had a Carly, but it had the hangtag print (the one that was on the shoes) on it!

I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my friend last Sunday (I'm her matron of honor:yahoo:) and I saw that one of her other bridesmaids had a fake signature legacy shoulder bag. It had o's instead of c's. She complimented me on my large cotton carly though and said hers was a fake.. I just thanked her for the compliment. She makes enough money for the real thing.. so maybe she just doesn't care to spend it on purses.

Yeah...I pretty much know that everyone around here assumes my bags are fakes because everyone around here has fakes. (Not everyone, I did see one swingpack that was real). I saw a Goach yesterday at Wal-mart. It was a girl about my age. I don't think a lot of people even know what the difference is. Of course we do, caz we here, because it's one of our hobbies.