Vernis Bedford dilemma...am I too weird to feel this way?

lv_forever

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
It's been a while since my last purchase, so I've been thinking about my next bag... Sorry for the post being a bit long.

I really like Vernis Bedford, loved it since it came out a few years ago. I couldn't afford it back then, so it was my "dream" bag for a while.
The problem is, I fell in love with the colors that are now discontinued, like fuschia, light blue, and indigo. I know I have to get a second-hand bag if I want to get the color I want, but this will be my first time getting a used bag so that makes me feel a bit sad...:sad: b/c it will have the patina and all.

Also, because it will be a discontinued color, I am afraid that the bag will look dated even though I have just gotten it.

Final concern is whether bedford shape is easy to use. Because vernis is a bit stiffer than regular mono/damier pattern, it seems it may be a bit tough to open it up to put things in there. I have tried the bag on at the store but I did not want to aggressively squish the bag so I am still unsure whether it will be easy to put things in there. Is this the case?

With all these concerns that I have, I am not sure if it would be a smart move for me to get this bag. I don't want to have any regrets, but I am really torn because this was my "dream" bag when I was younger and I kind of want to fulfill that dream...:sweatdrop:

No way, a discontinued color will always be popular. Look at all the people on this board who are still looking for pieces in those colors! That's part of the appeal of the piece being discontinued. :yes:

Anyway, I have the Peppermint Bedford and I have to say, it's one of the harder bags to get into if you're wearing rings or other jewelry.

But if it's your dream bag, go for it!

People are always going to want those discontinued colors.....you know, you always want what you can't have ;) However, it seems like having a used bag will bother you more, so I think you should just get a new vernis bedford even if the color is a 2nd choice.

I don't think the color will make the bag dated! WEAR it and flaunt it!

I personally don't like the stiffness or the bedford, but that is my personal opinion.

Thanks everyone for your input. I do feel much better about the color issue, and I think I can deal w/ the second-hand status as well.

Anyway, I have the Peppermint Bedford and I have to say, it's one of the harder bags to get into if you're wearing rings or other jewelry.

But if it's your dream bag, go for it!

However, I don't know if I can deal with the scratched hand? Does it scratch your hand when you put your hand in and out?

I have the fuchsia Bedford, and while I love the color, the bag itself is a bit of a pain to get in and out of.
However, I always get complimented when I wear it, so it makes the trouble worthwhile! lol

As for color, have you thought of getting the Bedford in Pomme? That color is spectacular!

However, I don't know if I can deal with the scratched hand? Does it scratch your hand when you put your hand in and out?

A lavender bedford was my dream bag! I finally got it and it scratched my hand all up :tdown: I have dry sensitive skin though so you may be fine. I ended up selling it though because I knew I wouldn't use it all that much.

It's a lovely bag though!!

I have two Bedfords, and I don't have a problem with getting in and out. I have small hands, and I just open the zipper part wide with my left hand, so I can reach in. It's never been a problem for me. And, I love the bedfords! Soooo classic. I thought I'd buy one Bedford and then I'd be satisfied with LV, ha! It only fueled a serious addiction... tpf might have helped...

A nice alternative with a similar long shape, might be a Roxy. Since others are saying that there can be 'wearability issues' with the Bedford. You won't find it in lavender, but amarante is in the purple family.

I have three Bedfords and love them. I often hear people complain about getting in and out of the bag. My hands are both big and dry and I don't feel that getting in and out of the bag is a deterent. One just has to go about it more gingerly. The beauty of the bag by far outweighs any other issues that it may have.

With that said be sure to go for the color that you want. Don't settle for second unless you really like that color too. The fuchsia is out-of-sight and the indigo is unique!

Ughh...I feel your pain. I just (tonight) FELL IN LOVE WITH THE VERNIS PEPPERMINT!!!!!! I'm searching high and low for the long wallet....I definitely know how you feel -- especially since they're all DISCONTINUED :sad: regardless, i think you should get a 2nd hand bag if you REALLY want one. Just make sure the patina is nice! Think about the upside..you don't have to really fuss about the patina anymore :smile: gooood luck!