Do you curl your lashes after you put on mascara?

Cheekers

Coach Me
O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Sometimes I find I have to do this as my lashes are so long that after mascara application they fall down again, even though I curled them before putting mascara on! Or maybe it's a problem with my mascara ... any suggestions or anyone else have this issue? I don't mind doing it but it tends to make my lashes clump and I have to comb them out or separate them.

Try heating your eyelash curler with your hair dryer for a couple of seconds before you use curl your lashes. That seems to really "set" the curl. Also, be sure it's not too hot before you put it up to your face!

^ Yeah, that is what I heard too. I'm not sure how true that is, but I'd rather take the warning just in case.

I too think curling your lashes after mascara application makes your lashes go clumpy. The trick is to make sure you've curled your lashes enough before putting the mascara on. Try holding down the eyelash curler on your lashes for at least 15 seconds on each eye. Repeat a few times just to make sure they stay curled. Then put the mascara on.

never curl ur lashes after uve applied mascara!!! tats realy bad!
i curl 1st, then mascara & sometimes i put on shu uemera falsies 2..depends which mood i am tat day..

I've always used my eye lash curler before putting my mascara on.
You should curl one eye, (i try to curl it for about a mintue because they get really big then) then put mascara on, then do the other eye.

I know it's bad to do this, why do you think I want recommendations on a different mascara?! LOL!

I have tried all of what you are saying, it must just be my mascara brand ... I am going to keep trying until I find one that won't weigh my lashes down. I have LOTS of lashes and they are very long, so keeping curl is difficult.

I know it's bad to do this, why do you think I want recommendations on a different mascara?! LOL!

I have tried all of what you are saying, it must just be my mascara brand ... I am going to keep trying until I find one that won't weigh my lashes down. I have LOTS of lashes and they are very long, so keeping curl is difficult.

Oh man I would love to have tons of really long lashes!