Owners of Cabas Piano/Mezzo and Speedy 30 or Saleya PM/MM

Oh wow Karman, a Damier Cabas Piano sounds so tempting. The CP is a great everyday bag in my opinion. Here are some pics of what I can fit in mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 193
karman, i personally prefer the Saleya PM (although I dont have one as yet, hee hee) reason being there are no vachetta to worry about and its an all-yr round bag.. useful and practical ;) post pics of watever decision you made! Good luck.

A couple of questions for you: (Answers to ANY of these questions will be appreciated!)

If you have both Cabas piano and mezzo, would you please post a size comparison pic (and modeling pics would be great too!).

I've looked in Visual Aids but couldn't really find anyone my height (5'7") with the Mezzo or Piano, if you are around that height, would you please post modeling pics of either (or both)?

Does the Mezzo fit significantly more than a Speedy 30?

Is the Piano too small to be an every day bag? Does it fit significantly less or around the same as a Speedy 30?

If you have both the Cabas and the Saleya, which one do you prefer and why?

Any more input regarding the Piano/Mezzo would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to compare them to any other bags I did not mention in this thread!
My mom also has a Cabas Piano and she's only 5'3" and I love how it looks on her. I borrowed her bag once for a weekend trip and was able to fit 3 days of worth of clothes, makeup, and toiletries.

Hi Karman, so I just got my CP and it's a lot smaller than I previously thought (not necessarily a bad thing) but I just thought I should let you know. Its still a great size for everyday but for an overnight.... I think Id be able to fit a pair of tight jeans, blouse, and one toiletry bag. I can easily fit a magazine but I wouldnt be able to zip the top.The Saleya is definitely slightly bigger. And the Speedy 30 most definitely fits a lot more stuff. I rolled up 2 pairs of jeans into my CP and there was a little room left at the top but not much, not enough to put a makeup bag, probably only enough to allow room for the bag to zip. I put the same 2 jeans into my speedy 30 and there was still a lot of room left. I could roll at least 4 pairs of jeans, easily 5 into the speedy 30 and fit a makeup bag. I always thought the speedy was only slightly bigger.... I guess not. =P

Hi Karman, so I just got my CP and it's a lot smaller than I previously thought (not necessarily a bad thing) but I just thought I should let you know. Its still a great size for everyday but for an overnight.... I think Id be able to fit a pair of tight jeans, blouse, and one toiletry bag. I can easily fit a magazine but I wouldnt be able to zip the top.The Saleya is definitely slightly bigger. And the Speedy 30 most definitely fits a lot more stuff. I rolled up 2 pairs of jeans into my CP and there was a little room left at the top but not much, not enough to put a makeup bag, probably only enough to allow room for the bag to zip. I put the same 2 jeans into my speedy 30 and there was still a lot of room left. I could roll at least 4 pairs of jeans, easily 5 into the speedy 30 and fit a makeup bag. I always thought the speedy was only slightly bigger.... I guess not. =P

Thanks for the info!

I definitely won't be bringing jeans with me in my Piano...so I think I should be good! ;)

I'm still deciding right now. Still torn between Saleya PM, Damier Cabas Piano, Damier Cabas Mezzo, and Chelsea.

I'm hoping to see the Damier Cabas Piano at the private TPF event (SA said there may be made ones floating around) and Chelsea...I was thinking if I can't get the SO Damier CP, and only left with Damier CM, I may as well pay a little less and buy the Chelsea ($1300 CAD). I like the Saleya and just wished the handles were LONGER!!!!!

I really like the Piano; I saw an authentic damier one on ebay a loooonnnnggg time ago, so I don't think it's impossible to get one. It's a really good everyday bag, imo, but the last time I saw it, it'd look like you'd have to stack your things inside because it's not very wide and the opening is kinda narrow. I was initially put off with the bag for that reason, but I realized it wouldn't be too bad since I don't carry a lot anyway. :smile:

But if you can't get the SO, I think the Chelsea might be a better buy (I think the Mezzo and Chelsea are roughly the same in volume, albeit one is longer while the other is wider)...I saw it IRL at the boutique and I LOVED it...although I must admit it's quite big. I don't think I'd use it as an everyday bag, unless you like to carry big bags or if you carry a lot.

It's too bad that the saleya pm doesn't have longer handles. :sad: Have you tried it on at the boutique (I don't remember if you did or not)? I know some slender girls who can put in on their shoulders just fine. GL with you decision!

I have a cabas piano and a speedy 30 - the speedy 30 fits way more than the piano, and I'd venture more than the mezzo as well. I'm 5'2, 100 pounds - love em both.

The speedy can definitely double as an overnight bag. I can fit a week's worth of clothes in there, and often do when going home from school for a bit or when traveling.

I love the Mezzo but for me, it's a school tote bag since it's so large (I use it as a bag for weekend trips as well). I feel that the BH is a better fit for my daily needs.
I posted pics of myself with it awhile back in the Visuals thread...I'm only 5'2 but in the pic, I have about 3" heels on so that helps a little.

bernz - I did try it on at the boutique. It fit fine, just that if I had a coat on it wouldn't stay on my shoulder and the outer handle kept falling off my shoulder

peace - yup, saw that auction when the seller was asking $1250+ :wtf: I'd prefer to get it SOed or brand spanking new though ;)