OMG my BF spilled champagne on 70% of my bv!!!!!!

How many years have you used your bottega?

• 1 year or less

• 2-5

• 5+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 28, 2007
And look it didn't stain!!!!!!!!! I was going to wring her neck....but she's lucky BV makes a quality bag! Speaking of which... anyone use any special cleaners on the handles? My handles are starting to get a bit "used".

Attachments

• bottega.jpg
    bottega.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 103
I don`t use any protectants and a similar thing happened to me when my BV was still brand new! But BV´s leather is a miracle, no stains at all were to be seen afterwards!

:wtf:

I think I would scream blood if anyone spilt champagne on my BV! Would be sorely tempted to wring even my best friend's neck, but I wouldn't kill her. I might cry while waiting for my bag to dry though :shame:

I don`t use any protectants and a similar thing happened to me when my BV was still brand new! But BV´s leather is a miracle, no stains at all were to be seen afterwards!

It happened to my make up bag too.... I spilled coke on it and there was a stain. I then dab it with a very wet wash cloth and when dried, there was not even a water mark! And I always thot BV's leather is too delicate. :tup:

My campana was only nappa (not umbria) and looked just like OPs bag so I'm :confused1:

syma - I know styles such as Sloane and the Roma tote come in Nappa Umbria which - according to the care tags - is treated with a wax that gives the lambskin a more tonal/aged appearance than the same color in untreated nappa. Nappa Umbria bags also seem less delicate/prone to fray so I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually more stain resistant than regular nappa bags.

My campana is nappa umbria, as are the sloane and roma tote. My baby bag is made of nappa which is oh so soft but very delicate! I believe the veneta is also made of nappa rather than nappa umbria, but I may be wrong.

We should have some close up shots of the nappa and the nappa umbria just to see the difference in the leathers. I don't think any of my bags (campana and venetas) have a "tonal" appearance so I guess they must be nappa. Has anyone got a close up of nappa umbria????