Anyone love Sci Fi???

rupbasoli

Jun 22, 2007
My husband and three sons all think I am a dork.........I LOVE SCI FI!!
Stargate (season 10 about to be released:yahoo:) Stargate Atlantis (nearly season 3), Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Star Trek, Firefly, Babylon 5, and the list goes on. Have a dvd in front of the treadmill... working my way thru every episode of star trek ever produced.
Love the futuristic feel, often wish I was born in an era of starships..... what a geek, i know! But I love it!!
Anybody else??

I'm glad that I'm not alone in loving sci-fi. I love Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Doctor Who, both Stargate series and the others you mentioned. Can't wait to see Torchwood, the Doctor Who spinoff on BBC America next month.

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales came out in July. I liked the second tale better than the first, but it was still nice to see a few of the characters again.

I also recommend a British sci-fi comedy series called Red Dwarf. It is about the last human alive three million years in the future. Look it up-it is hilarious. If I am in a depressed mood, this helps cheer me up.

Another British sci-fi comedy series I love is My Hero which ended last year I think. It is about a superhero from another planet who marries an ordinary human. His naivete about humans causes him to get into trouble, which is pretty funny. The second season just came out on dvd.

Woohoo, more geeks :P

I'm a huge Sci Fi fan. I actually just spent last night watching Star Trek II and III :sweatdrop: Usually I'm not really into Star Trek though, but nothing else was on and you just gotta love Kirk and Spock, right?!

My favs include Star Wars, Seaquest, Andromeda (without Season 4), Earth 2 and I used to be a MAJOR X-Files freak during most of my teenage years :roflmfao: Aw, fun times.

I love sci-if! Star Wars, Firefly, Asimov, Lem...The only thing I could never get into is Star Trek. I used to watch a lot more series in TV, but now stuff like Space Gammas, Seaquest, Stargate and that weird mermaid-from-space series are over :sad:

I used to be a lot more in to sci fi when I was younger, but I'll always be a massive Star Wars fan (1-3....not a big fan of the last 3) and I'm obsessed to Battlestar Galactica, easily one of my fave shows.
I've never been able to get into the Star Trek thing either, I've tried, it just never grew on me.

Phew.... I am glad I am not the only one!! Just finished watching Star Trek Voyager (whole series) SG10 comes out in Aust next week, salivating for that! How good is firefly?? Love Serenity! Saw that on the big screen, loved the scenes where the reavers were chasing them with all the smoke! Also love the Riddick movies, Doom and other movies set in space.

Would love to have been born 100 years into future...

I used to be a lot more in to sci fi when I was younger, but I'll always be a massive Star Wars fan (1-3....not a big fan of the last 3) and I'm obsessed to Battlestar Galactica, easily one of my fave shows.
I've never been able to get into the Star Trek thing either, I've tried, it just never grew on me.

ok, I can't help it, the geek in me has to say it: :sweatdrop:

Actually it's Star Wars 4-6 if you are referring to the original series :P:roflmfao:

<------Shhhhh...
I love sci-fi, I enjoy any stupid creature feature show on the sci-fi network,
and always have since childhood !!
(saw star wars like 13X when it 1st came out, lol!!!)

Oh god :lol: I'm glad the geek in you had to say it, it's such a slip up!! Thank god my husband doesn't read this forum he'd laugh at me forever for saying the original movies were 1-3 :shame: I don't know where my head was, what I meant was I like the original 3, not the last 3.

I love SciFi, too.

Stargate SG1 and Star Trek Next Generation are my favorites. It's clear there are smart women on the script teams of both.

I've always been fascinated with Egyptian art so I love Stargate's Egyptian mythology base.

I love the ethical messages in the Star Trek Next Generation episodes.

I've always been a sucker for well-done special effects so I love lots of Sci Fi movies. Kurt Russell is in lots. He's such a hunk.

Bumping an old thread but I just had to add in my love for Sci Fi.

ProfNot we could be twins. I grew up with Star Trek TNG. Which is why I love Patrick Stewart.

SG1 is one of my favorite series. I have been rewatching it on Hulu and I forget how fast moving it was. I love seasons 1-8, but 9-10 just weren't the same. I really missed Jack.

Count me in!

My Dad and brother are huge sci-fi fans, they "dragged" me into it when I was younger and now I'm more hooked than they are.

Fave series is Star Trek - probably DS9. I love the characters in the original series, but with TNG being the first series I watched, TOS is that bit too dated.

Annoyingly, hardly any sci-fi is shown in Australia unless you have cable TV - so heavily rely on DVDs - have seen bits and pieces of Stargate and think it will be my next series to work through.

Not really Sci-Fi - but does anyone watch The Big Bang Theory?? I love it and there are so many sci-fi references in it - would highly recommend.

I love sci-fi too..my family thinks I'm weird..used to watch seaquest, star trek (TNG), star wars, space: above & beyond, Stargate and babylon 5. Not to mention a whole load of other sci fi movies.