I GOT IT!!! My First Balenciaga!

LadyDior

O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
:yahoo: I'm so happy! I purchased my first Balenciaga, ever at Saks. I wanted a red bag and originally bought a Chanel bag, but I got it home and it was more of a seasonal Red Chanel bag instead of one of their classic flaps. Although I just LOVE Chanel, I wasn't in love with this particular bag and ended up returning it yesterday. I had been looking at the Balenciaga bags since I had posted all those pictures here the last time I was at Saks...Since that time I saw them in person at Saks, I wanted to find out more about them. I even created a thread here asking why ya'll love your Balenciagas...BTW, thanks for the responses because it REALLY help me make my decision.

So, since I couldn't get the bag out of my mind, I went back and bought the red (I don't know the official color name) bag...AND matching Wallet! I think it's the City bag and I LOVE it! :heart: :wlae:

I took pictures and here's the link...use the arrows above the picture to see all 5 pictures. Let me know what you think and any information on wear, tear and care would be great!

http://picasaweb.google.com/MyLadyDior/MyBalenciaga/photo#5102643157464481954

Wowza! What a BEAUTIFUL shade of red!!! Congrats on your matching set!!! :tup:

Check out the Balenciaga Care and Maintenance subforum for more info on caring for your new beauties!!!

P.S. I remember someone saying that her red money wallet developed some darkening on the corners over time, so you might want to especially protect the corners.

congrats on the new bag and money wallet!! the color is called tomato. isn't the tomato money the prettiest shade of red!!
Definitely...I absolutely love that red because it's a blue red and not an orange red. That's probably why I couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm so picky when it comes to red and it's so hard to find a red bag and wallet that are the same color & hue. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Wowza! What a BEAUTIFUL shade of red!!! Congrats on your matching set!!! :tup:

Check out the Balenciaga Care and Maintenance subforum for more info on caring for your new beauties!!!

P.S. I remember someone saying that her red money wallet developed some darkening on the corners over time, so you might want to especially protect the corners.

Thank you so much and I'll have to be sure to protect the corners. I'll check out the care and maintenance section too. I'm so happy I made this choice! I'm such a newbie! :P

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!!

A red bbag is such a great addition to your handbag collection because I find it goes with so much in my wardrobe. It works as a neutral. Congrats on your first!