Ellipse Moyen discontinued; if you want one buy it now!

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
This morning I had a burst of inspiration about the Ellipse Moyen Modele, the larger size. I had the PM last summer, but returned it because it was too small. I tried the MM on last winter and DH loved it :graucho:, but I didn't have the cash at the moment. Then, thanks to The Magic Of The PF, I got all distracted by Balenciaga and Hayden-Harnett and Hermes...oh my!

Anyway, today it occurred to me that the Ellipse Moyen would have plenty of room inside, not too much naked vachetta to try to protect, it's understated, it's lightweight, could be casual or professional, and that it would age well. So, off I went to Eluxury to check the price...but much to my dismay, there weren't any there. I called LV, and as I feared...they said the Ellipse Moyen Modele has indeed been discontinued. :crybaby:

There are a few left, but only about a dozen in the USA, and none here in Atlanta. The SA said all the stores that do have it, have only one in stock, except Atlantic City, which had two. So she connected me with the Atlantic City store, and I figured this was my last chance, so...I went ahead and ordered one. Madame Ellipse Moyen should arrive tomorrow via Fedex. w00t! :yahoo:

The moral of the story is, if you want one of these beauties, call LV today! I know the Ellipse MM is not the newest or most popular model, but she truly is unique and classic.

So much for my pre-moving shopping ban...

I was wondering when some of the older LV models were going to be d/cd....It doesn't surprise me, as there are so many new styles that have been released and are also coming out this fall....anyway, congrats on the new bag, it will be a keeper !!

Is it only the MM that's being discontinued or the PM too? I have been thinking of selling my unused PM for awhile.

I'm pretty sure it's just the MM, the PM seems to be available anywhere. However, now that I think about it, I haven't seen the mini Ellipse (like a pochette) lately. Does anyone know if they are still in production?