ebay calling me by name (not a physical call)?

canada's

Oct 1, 2006
are you guys ever on ebay and it says your NAME + your username?

at the top, it usually says:

"Hello, (insert username here)!"

i got on ebay today in the late afternoon, and it said something about my cookies. i ignored it, closed out and did other things. i went back a bit later and everything seemed fine, so i entered my info (yes, the site page looked legit). then i noticed it said my actual NAME at the top of the page! now it's back to normal (just username)...what's up with that?

i hate browsing and feeling so worried!

:cursing:

edit: it's doing it again! i guess i'm safe as i was just looking at items, and now clicked on the following page...what does this mean? the majority of the font seems to be grey and the entire page looks lighter..

let's see if this link works:
http://clothing.search.ebay.com/hermes_Other-Items_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR34QQfrtsZ50QQsacatZ1063

ebay has implemented a lot of changes recently, but i think they're beta testing, as in not ALL the pages look that ALL the time. don't worry about it. just as long as the link says ebay.com, you're fine. just make sure not to click on outside links that might direct you to a fake site where they can hijack your info.

It's using my name, as well. It just had my username, as usual, on the homepage after I logged in, but when I did a search it had my first name with username in parentheses at the top once the results page came up.

I suppose it's something new they're trying to personalize your eBay experience. :rolleyes:

thanks guys...

i did get an email today though (i've NEVER gotten a phish email either) which was telling me that now paypal debit card was now supporting foxfire? not sure what that means...

it was from [email protected]

is that legit?

just so i know for future ref...i couldn't see anything when i opened the email, but my bf's desktop doesn't run on foxfire so that may be why.

thanks guys...

i did get an email today though (i've NEVER gotten a phish email either) which was telling me that now paypal debit card was now supporting foxfire? not sure what that means...

is that legit?

just so i know for future ref...i couldn't see anything when i opened the email, but my bf's desktop doesn't run on foxfire so that may be why.

Thats looking like a fake email if you ask me... just check all your other emails from paypal... if none of them match... its gotta be fake.

thanks guys...

is that legit?

Just forward the email to [email protected] and they will inform you if its from them or not.

I recently got an e-mail from ebay to change my password. I think there was something weird going on with my account as I got strange questions from other ebayers the previous day. When you get these e-mails, don't use any links in the e-mail. Rather log into your ebay account and check messages there.

Yes, it sure does! When I click on my ebay page it has my real name and my ebay (name) next to it. I didn't notice it until I read this post. I have been getting more junk mail lately and attribute it to the fact that I have been doing more "shopping". But no emails lately from ebay to change my password. I did receive one about 6 months ago and changed alot of my passwords just in case.

I changed mine with first email. Then got the second email from paypal. ITs weird because I then went into paypal account, copied and pasted this email and forwarded it to them to verify if from them and haven't gotten a reply. Usually they respond fast. Later, I changed my ebay password again, just to play it safe.