Rolex or J12

LVgal1972

Jul 31, 2007
Im about to get a new Rolex this week, the 31mm ss Oyster bracelet with black dial. But the Chanel J12 is just soooo iressistible and I'm torn between the 2. I already have a 26mm gold and steel rolex, jubilee bracelet with white dial and want a chunky watch so i decided to have the 31mm reserved til friday. Which would you choose between the 2?

Which J12?

The automatic one with leather strap is very very value for money, I feel.

But if u are getting the ceramic strap version, then I think its overpriced. For that money, Rolex.

the ceramic one is scratch resistant and my friends swear by it . a couple of my friends love it and especially bought it for the ceramic strap in fact i would say if youwant to go for the leather one DONT. the speciality of J12 and its identity is cermaic strap.

I would have said Rolex, but since you already have one, then maybe you should go for the J12. However, if i did have to choose between the two I would say Rolex.

J12! J12! J12!!!!

I may be getting one next month :graucho:. Personally I'm not too interested in a Rolex right now because I'm smitten with the J12!

Especially since you already have a Rolex, might as well go for something a little different. J12! lol!

Which one? Black or white ceramic? Stones?

I get so excited about watches...this one in particular!

Let us know what you go for, either one is beautiful!!!

When buying a watch, I consider
- History, legacy
- Complications
- Prestige
- Design, and the image i want to project
- And investment/resale value

Its the same with a car. If Chanel made a chic car, will u buy it? Or will u buy a similarly priced fuddy duddy Mercedes?

When buying a watch, I consider
- History, legacy
- Complications
- Prestige
- Design, and the image i want to project
- And investment/resale value

Its the same with a car. If Chanel made a chic car, will u buy it? Or will u buy a similarly priced fuddy duddy Mercedes?

When it comes to resale value, history, prestige I guess rolex would be the best buy. For design, maybe the J12 :drool: What you think? :graucho:

J12! J12! J12!!!!

I may be getting one next month :graucho:. Personally I'm not too interested in a Rolex right now because I'm smitten with the J12!

Especially since you already have a Rolex, might as well go for something a little different. J12! lol!

Which one? Black or white ceramic? Stones?

I get so excited about watches...this one in particular!

Let us know what you go for, either one is beautiful!!!

Would you know exactly how much the price of the J12 is? I prefer the simple white ceramic, 33mm, with no stones. I believe its just about the same price as the rolex 31mm.